cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process of Clearing WM Data at Storage Unit Level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have an issue where our client has decide to temporaryly halt the WM function which was implemented for past three weeks. Now i have stocks in the new warehouse storage locations both in IM & WM. Presently the users are executing the IM Function but not the WM (Storage Unit ) part. They do not want to execute storage unit level process due to practical concerns. How do i go about clearing the WM part of the stock, since the storage unit level information is wrong at present.

I might have asked this question before this, i would appreciate if you could provide me a detailed procedure, on how i have to go about clearing the WM Data, and enable the user to procedure with the IM Process as before.

Thanks & Regards

Shabeen Buhary

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shabeen,

You may also want to execute a physical inventory since the users have been doing IM transactions without doing the WM transactions. This will make sure that your inventory is in synch between IM and WM and avoid any potential picking issues.

Regards,

Steve

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shabeen Hi

Use transaction LT10 and movement type 999 and select all of the stock that has a storage unit and move it to st type 999 and bin 'difference' or 'schrott' or whatever you have configured. This will move all of the stock in to 999 and then you should use LI21 to clear the differences.

I hope that this helps

Frenchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Frenchy,

Thanks for your response. That is exactly what i am doing at the moment. Transfer the stocks at roll level to 999 storage type.

I am also looking into the possible of using LI21. But my concern is at the present moment i do not want to maintain any stocks at storage unit level (since the users have stopped using the WM Module due to technical & practical reasons). So storage unit level info is not important for them they want to only execute the IM Part, is there a possibility where i could just remove the storage unit level stocks without affecting the IM portion (since the IM Portion is correct). Any standard transaction, movement type to exexute this.

And alternative option i presume is to transfer the stocks from the warehouse storage location to non warehouse storage location.

Regards

Shabeen Buhary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Whether the business is not using the entire WM functionality or they donot want to use the Storage unit management. in later case go to SPROIMGLEWMMaster dataDefine control parameter for WH Nouncheck SU management active.

Regards,

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vijay,

Thanks for your reply.

Please note i have storage unit level stock in my WM system, what do i do to that, how does that get cleared. Would appreciate a detailed understandings on this.

Regards

Shabeen Buhary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you want to remove the Storage unit quantity and starage unit number then move the Storage unit to an interim area and bin which was not SU managed using LT09 and confirming the transfer order. once you start using the storage unit management function do the inventory and change the warehouse bin quantity as per IM and the problem will be rectified.

Regards,