cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Infocube

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all:

can some one tell me a scenario where we can use an custom infocube. i know when to use it( when our Busi cnt cant meet out reqt, or when we have a generic extractor, or can create a export datsource, etc..). iam loooking for a example from your side for a custom cube/ODS.

Thanks

kedar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The BW business content is designed as stand-alone reports. This means you can activate a cube from business content with its associated extractors and it will work immediately.

Now imagine that you have to employ BW in a company where they utilise several SAP applications (Purchase, Production, Sales, Deliveries, etc)but each departmant needs its own managemnt reports. On top of that you must create reports over the total goodsflow in this company.

In this case it can be wise to design your own cubes(custom cubes) and ods simply to make the dataflow more efficient by reusing data from one ODS into several cubes. The standard BW business content is (in my opinion) not optimal modeled to reuse data is several cubes.

I can mention an example where a customer wanted a stock report that included data from the extractors 0FI_GL_4, 0CO_PC_ACT_02, 0CO_PC_ACT_03, 0CO_PC_ACT_05, 0CO_PC_ACT_06, 0CO_PC_02, flat-files, 0MAT_PLANT_ATTR, 0MATERIAL_ATTR and a bunch of self developed extractors on R/3 tables LQUA, MARD and MLGN.

What we did is to design a number of cubes that combine data that logically belongs together and then we created a multicube to combine the individual cubes in to one.

Development time was rather long because during the development and testing the requirements where rewritten a few times.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Kedar,

we have some customized cubes for production target,

sales allocation.

hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi A.H.P

can you plz eloborate on the sales allocation cube.

Thanks

kedar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kedar ,

In purchasing we are using one custom cube for invoices that are blocked . Blocked invoices a are those invoices whose PO and invoice differs either in qty , qlty or delivary dates etcc..,

Hope this helps you

Sukthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kedar,

For examle you can create a Custom Cubo for the planning data that your Users have to upload via Flat File.

For performance and data saving reason it is better to have different Cube for actual and plan data. So you can copy your Actual Cube and obtain a Custom Plan Cube.

This for CO or for SD, or any other SAP-R/3 module for which you can have plan data.

Ciao.

Riccardo.