Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem in installing MiniSAP on WinXP Professional

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Everytime I am trying to install MiniSAP, the following error comes:

<b>Error: EXTRACTDB ExecuteCheck 2 402

Exit code from SAPCAR.exe: 100.

Error: EXTRACTDB InternalInstallationDo 2 402

Phase failed.

Error: EXTRACTDB InstallationDo 2 402

Phase failed.

Error: Main {} 2 402

Installation aborted.</b>

I have followed all the instructions properly viz: the required space for the installation, NTFS format, No entry of Microsoft SQL Server in the Control Panel........etc. Still it keeps on showing me this error whenever i try to install it and aborts the installation at this step.

Please, can anyone help??

6 REPLIES 6

former_member181966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

have u done ur network settings as specified in the help file(see it in the kernel cd). and you have all rights

TRY

Install MS Virtual network adaptor

Assign IP Address: 10.10.0.10

Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

Edit the "hosts" file settings and add the above IP against the hostname of the PC

host file path in XP: C:\wiNDOWS\system32\drivers\etc

and then try installation again

You`re software is copy on HDD OR you are installing from CD ? DID you also change the CD if the file its asking for in differnt CD it might give you this error.

Also check the thread !!

Please Award the points ...

Thanks

Saquib Khan

0 Kudos

Hi Saquib,

Thanx for replying but my problem is stil not solved.

I did what all you suggested (i.e, installing MS loopback adapter and then setting the IP address etc) but it still gives me the <b>same error</b> and aborts my installation after 41%.

I am installing MiniSAP from HDD.

PLease help me, how to get past this error as it is very important for me to have MiniSAP installed.

Thanx.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Salsa,

Does the Microsoft SQL gets installed properly at the start of the installation.

Check that first..

Also when installation fails.. uninstall SQL server and start installation again..

The problem you are getting is not pertaining to the network but with database...

In case of network probelm, error looks like "Local host not defined "or something like that..In your case the problem is with DB.. At 40%, i guess the error is in CD2 .

Tell me whats the file size of your CD2 and CD1.

Regards,

Tanveer.

Please mark helpful answers

0 Kudos

Hi Tanveer,

Yes, the Microsoft SQL gets installed properly at the start of installation.

And Yes, Tanveer, everytime, my installation fails, I do remove any entry Of MS SQL in my Control Panel and delete the MBS folder created so far. After doing so, I try to install again but without any success.

The size of CD1 is 380 MB and size of CD2 is 620 MB.

Earlier I also thought that maybe there are some problems in my CDs but I have tried to install from two different sources but everytime it is getting aborted at the same point and giving me the same error.

PLEASE help.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have 2 CD's with the same sizes...

I have successfully installed using them..

Is the error in CD1 or CD2??

Regards,

Tanveer.

Does it fail after CD change or before CD change??I know ur not using CD.. but there comes a stage where it ask u to change the CD..

In your case, does it fails before or after that??

Message was edited by: Tanveer Shaikh

0 Kudos

Tanveer,

I dont think error is in CDs.

Moreover I am installing directly from hard disk. If there would have been any error in CDs it would hav not copied the contents of CDs on the hard disk before installation.