cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load a Flat File into BW-BPS Using a Web Browser

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have followed he how to doc to upload using flat file. But in my planning level i am not restricting. I want to restrict in my level by variables and want to have these variables to be choosen by the user in the web interfacce. Has any one had this as a req. I tried adding the variable in to the web interface and following the web interface of the how to doc but the variables created in the web interface have htmlb format where as the how to doc has all the coding in html. If any one know how to go about please let me know.

thanks and regards,

gsn

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member93896
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sathya,

I suggest a different approach. Read the variable from the file content (you might add some header lines to the file format). Then use API_SEMBPS_VARIABLE_SET to set the variable.

With a drop-down for example the user could select something that does not match the file. But with the solution I suggested the user can't go wrong.

Regards,

Marc

SAP NetWeaver RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Marc,

So what you are suggesting is read from the uppload file say company code and set the company code variable and restrict it in the level.

But how would the variable value be set as the variables are initialized before this function is run.

Thanks and Regards,

Sathya

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since you are using web and trying to put a break point it wont stop. Send me the code you have . Which how to doc are you using. How to Load a Flat File into BW-BPS Using a Web Browser. There is another how to doc to upload by gui. try using the init file in that how to and execute the function using GUI so that you can debug.

Message was edited by: Sathya Gnanavelu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

can you please give me your email Id so that I can send you my code. Also I have to use web to enables remote users to enter data. Please suggest.

Thanks,

Harini

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can email me at gsatnan@hotmail.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

Could you get your solution to work. Are you maintaining master data for the characteristics that you are uploading .

Do you know how to debug the function module Z_SEM_BPS_EXIT_FILE_LOAD from the web page. I set the break point in the function module but its not stopping there.

Appreciate help,

Thanks,

Harini