Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sales order ship to party

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

hope you can resolve my doubts.

how is determinated the ship to code in the sales order? I know it's depending from customer master data, but I don't know the difference between table vbpa and knvp.

many thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The ship-to party in sales order is determined by the partner determination procedure settings in spro. There are 2 levels of partner determination avaliable in sales order at Header level and Item level.

The partners maintained in the customer master will be copied to the sales orders according to the partner determination settings.

KNVP

The table KNVP holds the Customer master partner functions data for a particular customer. That is in customer master if you go to sales area data and to the partners tab page you can see all the partner functions assigned with that customer master. The same information is captured and stored in this database table during customer creation.

VBPA

The table VBPA holds the Sales document partner functions. That is whenever you create a sales order the partner functions will be copied in to it from the customer master. This information from sales order is getting stored in this table. In this table you can see all the partner functions of a sales document.

Hope this helps clarifies your doubt.

Regards

Rajkumar K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

For eg, customer ABCD has multiple ship-to parties ABCD-SH1, ABCD-SH2 & ABCD-SH3. When you create the master records for ABCD, you will maintain all the 3 ship-to in VD01 -> sales area data --> partenrs, all that will be updated in the KNVP table. That is all the partners of the customer ABCD. It will display all the 3 multiple ship-to in KNVP.

But when you enter a sales order with ABCD as customer, system will pop a message where you will need to select the ship-to party (since you cannot have all the ship-to in the same order). You will then select ABCD-SH1 for eg. So in your sales order you will have sold-to ABCD & ship-to ABCD-SH1. So if you check in VBPA, you will only find ABCD-SH1 as WE partner. This menas all the partners for that particular sales order is updated in VBPA.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sivanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

how is determinated the ship to code in the sales order? I know it's depending from customer master data, but I don't know the difference between table vbpa and knvp.

Although question is not clear but

KNVP: Customer master Partner determination to classify custommer as SP/SH/BP....

VBPA : Sales Order Partner Det. Ship to party code in SO( Sales DocumentHeader) will be determined by VBPA. Partner Proc. is assigned to Sales Doc Type , you can define which Partner Functions are Mandatory and Not Changeable .

Eg: IN SO : SP is Mandatory , not changeable, But multiple ship to party , one ship to party is selected in Table VBPA

In Delivery SH is mandatory and both SP and SH are not changeable.

T Code VOPA

Regards

Rohit

Edited by: bahlrohit1 on Jul 6, 2009 2:13 PM