cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max Heap size of j2ee web dispatcher ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Max Heap size of j2ee web dispatcher for our DEV BI 7.0 is 1024 MB.But our QA BI 7.0 system is 130 MB.I need to know in which sceanario we increase Max Heap size of j2ee web dispatcher??For BI 7.0 what should be the perfect heap size??

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ashley,

Max Heap size of j2ee web dispatcher for our DEV BI 7.0 is 1024 MB.But our QA BI 7.0 system is 130 MB.I need to know in which sceanario we increase Max Heap size of j2ee web dispatcher??For BI 7.0 what should be the perfect heap size ?? 

It really depends on how much memory is available on your systems? There are two parameters -Xms (initial heap size) and -Xmx ( max heap size) which you can tune for performance. Remember Xms plays important role in garbage collection cycle and time. If you decide to increase then increase gradually. BTW, you have to use config tool for these parameter changes.

Have a look at following link.

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce10/helpdata/en/43/73949862c16fcbe10000000a1553f6/content.htm]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Manoj,

Ur link was fine but my question is still not answered.Ram size of my BI system for both DEV & QA is 16 GB..What should be the ideal max heap size for the dispatcher??Will it be a problem if max heap size is 1024 MB??

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should be ok to set max heap size to 1024 MB since you have 16GB of RAM in your system. Before making the changes find out how much memory is available on the system via task manager while your system is running.

Hope this helps.

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manoj, how to check how much memory is available in the system via windows task manager??

Former Member
0 Kudos

From Performane tab in windows Tmanager I am getting avialable memory to be 3 GB..On what factor does max heap size depends??Does it depend on RAM??AS my RAM is 15 GB so waht is ideal heap size??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ashley,

Yes, heap size parameter settings depends on how much RAM you have in the system. While tuning you can increase/decrease based on the actual available. Since you can see 3GB available via task manager you may want to increase heap size to 1024MB

Hope this helps.

Manoj

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear's about what you speaking, may be i do not know anything ?

Max Heap size of j2ee web dispatcher for our DEV BI 7.0 is 1024 MB.But our QA BI 7.0 system is 130 MB.

What are web dispatcher? it's about it -->

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/c6/0c2c79b9fc4e1c8548815bf56300f4/frameset.htm

Where are her heap? If you say aboy dispatcher nodes in AS JAVA, when it is not "web dispatcher"

Manoj Chintawar wrote :

You should be ok to set max heap size to 1024 MB since you have 16GB of RAM in your system.

where you read abot it ? Per same Note 723909 - Java VM settings for J2EE 6.40/7.0 -->

For dispatcher nodes it's sufficient to set the heap size to 171m on 32 bit and to 256m on 64 bit platforms. There is no need to apply the parameters mentioned under 4-9 below.

Regards.

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check below link http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/a9/00b340782bb94ee10000000a1550b0/content.htm

Also set heap size as per SAP note 723909

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the Note mentioned below.

Note 723909 - Java VM settings for J2EE 6.40/7.0

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

How much RAM you have for DEV and QA system?

Regards

Uday