cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ms access sender database

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was goin thru this blog /people/sameer.shadab/blog/2005/10/24/connecting-to-ms-access-using-receiver-jdbc-adapter-without-dsn by sameer on MS access databse on rcvr side...

I have a requirement where MS Access DB is on sender side...data is sent to XI and then to SAP where it is consumed by server proxy.

My query is where do i store the table?..Cos the blog sez store a the table on XI sever..but now that i have it as sender..

where do i put the table?..and connection string?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
My query is where do i store the table?..Cos the blog sez store a the table on XI sever..but now that i have it as sender

Check the very first point mentioned in the blog:

1) Create a blank database in Microsoft Access, lets call it 'TestDB.mdb'. I saved this mdb file in my XI server path itself,

xiserver\xitemp\db\TestDB.mdb

(you can save it anywhere provided it has a shared access)

Procedure should not change for sender/ receiver....

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abhishek,

The As is process currently here is that a script runs every evening to fetch data from an antiquated databse and is put into MS Access.

So now..is it just sufficient to put the tablename.mdb into XI server....

Cos then to run that script everyday he will have to log in to xi server to access the db?

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just for ease of configuring the scenario, MS Access is iinstalled on the same server where XI is present. In the real world scenario, the MS Access database would certainly be a separate machine and not XI.

Regards,

Prateek

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
here is that a script runs every evening to fetch data from an antiquated databse and is put into MS Access

Is your scenario like DB ->Script-> MS Access ---> XI?.....then your MS Access should be in such a place from where it is accessible for both the DB (to put the data) and for the Sender XI CC (to pull the data).......logic applicable across all the environments.....the same thing is mentioned in the blog....

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx for ur input guys,

How do i make sure that the Ms Access tables r now accessible to both the Db as well as XI?...

Appreciate ur input