cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BACKUP FROM OLD SERVER & RESTORE TO NEW SERVER

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

i have install SAP on New Server (ADM X86) , it has good hardware. that why i want to shiftout from old deveopment Server to new Server . From old server i want to take backup through DB13 and restore through Brtools on new server. backup will be on disk.

please guide me which type of backup should be taken ?

and what is difft b/t whole backup and full backup ?

NEW SERVER with 2 Quard core processor, 24 GB RAM

OS= SOLARIS 10

DB= Oracle 10.2.0.4 with 39 Interim opatch

SAP= Ecc 6.0

Hostname=sapdev

System No.=00

OLD Server(SPARK) WITH 1 Dual Core Processor , 6 GB RAM

OS= SOLARIS 10

DB= Oracle 10.2.0.4 with 39 Interim opatch

SAP= Ecc 6.0

Hostname=devsap

System No.=00

Best Regard

Imran Khan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Imran, install OS with same Directory structure i mean to say same mount point. take full offline backup of ur old system & mount that backup directory with new system and restore it by brtools.

U may restore it by archive backup also by point in time recovery option as well

Thanks

presu

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I mount /sap_bkp directory from my Old PRD to new PRD system .

Then How I restore all my Offline backup.?

First I have to configure initPRD.sap in my New PRD Server as Old PRD Server ?

Second how I restore full offline backup ? via brtools or some sql command?

plesae explain me ............

Thanks & regards

Kavi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

Take an offline backup using DB13 or BRTOOLS. Restore the files in the target location. but before that make sure that the file systems are similar in both the systems.

After restoration of the data files and the control files recover the database.

Regards,

Varadhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eseast way to make new system is take full OS backup after completeion of backup restore this backup onnew system by rcp. once it will finish new system will be ready to use.

Thanks

presu

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Presu, this will not work. drivers are different between the 2 servers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

have you thought about systemcopy [] ?

former_member105207
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

In you have a full backup, using this existing backup further you can take incremental backups. The incremental backup is based on the previous full backup. The full and incremental backups is controlled by RMAN (Recovery manager).

You can take a full backup and restore the same in your new server and later take an incremental backup from your old server and restore it to the new server for all the delta changes made. By this you can make sure that your production data is made consistent in the new server.

If you have sufficient dowtime then, you can take a whole DB backup with redo log files and restore them in your new server.

There is no difference between whole backup and full backup, with respect to the database data.

784118 - System Copy Java Tools

check the OraBrcopy tool in this note. It might help you.

regards,

chandru.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You need to go for offline backup before you shutdown the system being migrated.

Please check this SDN discssion:

thanks,

Prasanna