cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to open and modify a internet service.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to modify Internet Service PZ02. I checked in SICf, it is listed under bc/gui/sap/its and is also activated.

But when i go to SE80 and search for it in Internet Service, i get a message saying "Service PZ18 does not exist, create object? "

How do i open, get access to code of pz18 and modify it

Thanks

Sharath

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The service you are talking about is HR related....several of those do not exist as actual Internet Services (viewable in SE80). They are generated dynamically. If you wish to modify them, you will have to creat the ITS service (service file, theme, templates, etc) and then modify those as needed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chris-

Thanks for the reply.

How do i create the ITS service (service file, template, theme etc..) out of the dynamically generated HR service PZ02.

Pleae let me know if the following steps are correct

1. In SE80, Choose Internet service and enter a name like zpz02.

2. In the pop-up for transaction code enter pz02. Check the box for ITS mixed mode

3. Then Right click in zpz02, select create->template->

assign theme=99,

program number-SAPMPZ02

screen number=1000

generating style=webgui

( The above informtaion was found out in the following way: go to se93 -> enter pz02 as the transaction code ->

click display.

When i did that it displayed the following info

program : SAPMPZ02

selection screen: 1000 )

When i click on save it says that the screen 1000 does not exist in the program SAPMPZ02.

But from the info that i got from the SE93 it looks like the screen number is 1000??

What is the mistake ?? Is the approach wrong

Help will be really appreciated

Sharath

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the underlying program of PZ02 is a report program without selection screen. when you try to create templates by going to create->template-> the screen no. field will have possible values based on the program you have choosen. in this case there is no screen exists with no. 1000 (sel screen) even in se93 if you double click on screen no. you will get a message that the screen doesnt exists.

since there is no screen, you cannot create template for that, check out internet service PZ17, you can only follow the similar pattern for your case (PZ02)

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Durairaj-

I understand that there are no templates available for PZ02 unlike PZ18.

In this case, i think i need to find the correct FunctionModule from PZ02 and modify it.

Can you please let me know what is the way to identify the correct function module.

Thanks

Sharath

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i have no functional experience on this but check out the underlying program of PZ02 (SAPMPZ02) that should give you some idea

Regards

Raja