cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

configuration of PI 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

PI 7.0 has been installed, I have to configure it now..what are the things i need to carry out as PI consultant?...

How do i log into visual admin?...

Request you to let me know the abt web start installation , has it got to be version compatible with the version of J2EE engine?

I have gone thru a thread yest where i saw a very good guide for 7.1,,,but i have 7.0....can ne one help me out pls?

Thanks,

Ravindra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

-->As a PI consultant you no need to do any installation or Post installation,Basis people will perform all those jobs.

How do i log into visual admin?...

After installation is completed to open the Visual Admin follow the below path:

usr/sap/ systemID/ DVEBMSG+Instance number/j2ee/admin.

If you follow this path you will find a go.bat file double click and login as default user.

Thanks

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Request you to let me know the abt web start installation , has it got to be version compatible with the version of J2EE engine?

yes version compatibility is to be maintained......

When you say Web Start Installation, i take it as the JAVA installation on your local desktop.....just install the java version compatible to open PI7.0 (1.4.2 or higher).....once installed go to Start ---> All Programs ---> JAVA Web Start......

For more info on this topic refer:

/people/sameer.shadab/blog/2005/11/27/java-web-start

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/1688 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So is SAP BASIS the first component that i have import to IR?....

What are the other start up checks i have to do?

Former Member
0 Kudos

solved. all available on post installation guide series by sunil ojha

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos