cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asynchronous/sync mdn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am able to post a file to AS2 server and see messages in Seeburger monitor. How do i configure the MDN for this scenario. What is difference b/w Asynch and Synch MDN .

I just need to see MDN in the XI system.

Please advice how this can be achieved and what steps are needed in config.

Thank You.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I hope you know what an MDN is. It is a kind of return recipt to the message sent.

Sync MDN as the name suggest means that the MDN is received in the same call in which the message is sent. So there is no additional configuration required at the receiver.

Async MDN would mean that that once the message is received by receiver, a new call is made from receiver back to PI to send the MDN. This requires setting at receiver to send MDN to PI.

Use sync MDN. No additional settings would be required in this case. You just need to select the MDN type as sync in AS2 channel.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

When i click synchronous MDN option on Recv As2 adapter.

I do not see MDN any place.

Question :

1) I get error in message monitor ( XI) : Exception caught by adapter framework: Fatal exception: javax.resource.ResourceException: SEEBURGER AS2: AS2 Adapter failure # Outbound configuration error: Failed to get configuration from DTREQUEST and DATABASE.., SEEBURGER AS2: AS2 Adapter failure # Outbound configuration error: Failed to get configuration from DTREQUEST and DATABASE..

2) Where will this MDN be seen ? in sxmb_moni ? or somewhere else

Thank you.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can view it only in Seeburger Workbench, not in sxmb_moni.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to pick a file from a NFS on Dev1 client and post on Seeburger AS2 server on Dev2 client.

Can this work by just configuring on Dev1 client and in the seeburger recv adapter put url /port/path prefix of Seeburger AS2 server of Dev2 client.?

Thank you.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not sure if you I have understood your scenario. You have mentioned different clients and use of NFS at sender. Does that mean you are planning to use various clients of PI for end to end scenario? If yes, then I don't think you will have AS2 configured on your PI client. You need to install some AS2 software like AS2 spoke.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are correct, It was a different scenario i was talking about in same thread,

As far as mdn goes I checked Synchronous mdn, in seeburger monitoring i dont see a message id in mdn field. how will a mdn be correlated to its XI message? I mean how will i know this mdn is for this corresponding message.

The current mdn only says payload state as OK.

what might be the issue?

Thank you.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You don't have to worry about correlation. It will be taken care internally by the adapter.

There won't be a separate MDN message in Seeburger Workbench. In the same message which is sent out using Seeburger adapter, if you scroll down, you should find the MDN details present (if MDN settings are proper and MDN are sent back).

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok i saw in same message mdn field in seeburger monitor.

if i want to get this seeburger mdn back into some file on NFs? then what do i need to do and in this case since it comes back in some folder we will need to correlate that this mdn is for which message?

thank you.