Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basic questions in adobe form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

i have a few questions in adobe forms

when we first create a form, in the left side of the screen, we have a hierarchy i.e

*MASTER PAGE

• CONTENT AREA

• UNTITLED FORM PAGE

can you pls explain the concepts of the above... can we have more than 2 master pages in a single page? whats this content area? can we have more than one?

Suppose if i want to build a form with the following elements :

Header part : which should be displayed in all the pages

Body part: which should display internal table which should flow to the next page

• immediately after the display of the internal table, i should display some other text

Footer part: should be displayed in all the pages

Now my question is, if i want to build this form, which elements should be a part of what i.e master page or content area or untitled form page?

Thanks in advance

Shekhar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

MASTER PAGE:

Master pages specify the layout and background for the form design. You can add objects that will occupy the position throughout the form design on a master page. The Master Pages tab is hidden by default. A typical form design that has two pages with different dimensions contains at least two master pages, one for each page.

CONTENT AREA:

Content areas provide anchoring and layout management for all the objects in a form, including subforms.

UNTITLED FORM PAGE:

Pages represent the pages of a form. Each page derives its size and orientation from a master page and, by default, each page is associated with the default master page that LiveCycle Designer creates. Each page is created with a default subform that covers the whole page. If your form design contains more than one master page and page, you can choose which master page to assign to a page.

can we have more than 2 master pages in a single page

yes

whats this content area?

Already described above

can we have more than one?

Yes

For the form designing, put the header and footer part in the Master page as it has to appear in every page. For the table display wrap the table in subform and make the contect type as "Flowed". This will make the table to grow to other pages.

Regards,

Runal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks runal for the reply..

but still i'm not clear. when we first create a form, we'll have a default subform which will cover the entire form. Now if we drag that form to the top from the bottom, whats that top portion and whats that below that form?

Now i want to create header and footer, should i go for 2 master pages within a single page? now if we create a form under content area, whats that? is that a master page or a body page?

Pls excuse me if the questions doesn't make sense as i have just started learning adobe form

Regards

Shekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shekhar,

I would advise here to play around in ALD, that would be best, because these are things which if told here would only confuse you more. Each of the elements like content area, sub-forms, master pages all have their specific purpose.You may try all these elements and you would come to know the significance of each of the elements you are asking.

Regards,

Runal

Answers (0)