cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixed no of lines in smartforms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all!

I want to fix the number of lines that is printed in a smartform, for example if sales invoice contains 35 lines in need it to print in 4 pages (each page having fixed 10 line table) and in the last page also i need the ten line table printed and only 5 lines are filled with data. After the 10 line table in the last page the footer is printed. how can i make this possible.

Thanks.

Malinda

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Malinda,

is your problem solved???

I would like to suggest an option.

You can use a flag & set the flag as X when the 10th record is printed.then the page break would come after 10 records have been printed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

In smartforms, when we create a table in DATA tab we have an option to select number of rows to be print in a page.

Below the table creation create a command line in that select Go To New Page option , if same template required then select first page or if new template needed the next page.

After printing the records, at end of ever page clear the previous printed records , so that those records dose not repeat in next page.

Place the footer window at the end of the page , to Print it after end of the main window.

Thanks

kavitha.

Edited by: kavitha koppada on Oct 22, 2009 9:43 PM

0 Kudos

Hi Mallinda,

My requirement also requires a fixed table fram to be displayed by the smartform. How were you able to resolve this issue.

Thanks and Regards

Deepika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please try to maintain the height of the main window accordingly.

Each line approximately has a height of 0.5CM which infact depends on the font.

So, try to calcualte the height of the main window as multiples of 0.5CM ( e.g for 10 lines 10 X 0.5 CM ).

Otherwise if your font is different across the document then take a print and then exactly calculate with a ruler and then adjust the main window.

Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) Take a variable and then reinitialize it for the number of line items you need to print .

2) Command window which triggers a new page for the number of line items reached

check these screen shots

[Variable adding|https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/download/attachments/84181391/page.png]

[Command window|https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/download/attachments/84181391/page2.png]

[Condition in command window|https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/download/attachments/84181391/page3.png]

Regards

Sarves

former_member196280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Inside your loop, try to build some logic like this...

place program line, logic is

IF sy-tabix NE 1.

tabix = sy-tabix MOD 10.

ENDIF.

Place a condition,, in general attributes tab place tabix = 1

under true, place command and in general attributes tab of command, tick Goto Next page and select your next page attribute.

I guess, this logic will help you to close the thread.

Regards,

SaiRam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Adjust the main window height so that it will accommodate only ten lines of item in a page.

Regards

Karthik D