cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tablespace #BTABI hit 99.99%

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus, I'm doing daily monitoring for the SAP Production server. The database is DB6 and it's in Auto Extend Mode. Right now one of the table space called #BTABI is showing 99.99%. Can someone tell step by step what should i do resolve this problem.

The total database size and free size is in below details.

Total Size 84,279,440 KB

Free Space 3,261,280 KB

Used Space 96.13 %

ERK#BTABI Any data Normal 2,621,440 16,384 1 320 163,818 99.99

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The details which u have posted above are from SAP end or DB end.

If the data u have posted is from SAP end, then u need not have to worry as ur telling Auto Extend Mode is enabled.

However u can ask or contact Ur DB team informing them the same.

Let us know if u have any issues.

Regards,

Ravi

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus, Thanks for the reply. It does resolve the problem. The tablespace space is extended and become 98% now. Thank you again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

As i told, u need not have to worry as u have set it to AUTO extend,

if Ur so much worried, just send out an email to DB team, if Ur feeling insecure and want to be on safer side.

Refer below note and link

Note 826667 - DB6: db6util -f: autoextend and autoresize tablespaces

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/47/cdbe2810438846949bfd502eb02227/content.htm

Let us know if u have any issues,

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi , I've obtain all this information from T-code DB02. Please suggest if i need to worry about this things.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As u say that you have collected data from DB02, and AUTOEXTEND MODE is enabled, they will always be at or close to 100% full. This is normal for automanaged tablespace.

U need not worry about this.

Regards,

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ram,

You do not need to worry as you have confirmed it is in autoextend mode. But still keep monitoring it for a while and make sure there is space available to autoextend. Also inform to database team if you have one.

Hope this helps.

Manoj