cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to block a delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

My question is once a delivery is created and saved, due to some reasons I need to block it from furthur processing, that is, no one should be able to do PGI. I dont want to delet it since I need to keep a track of these kinds of documents, so when needed I can make a list of them and submit to management.

How can I do this and how to get a list of such kind of documents for submission purpose monthly?

Thanks in advance and best regards.

Venkat - Hyd

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can create a new delivery block (sat Temproary PGI Block) which stops PGI.

SPRO>IMG>LE>Shipping>Deliveries-->Define Reasons for Blocking in Shipping

Once this is configured.

At transaction level, VL02N, you can apply this delivery block at Header level.

This block will stop the PGI, when not required, you can remove this block and do PGI.

Hope this helps.

Rgds

http://saphelp.hpage.com/

http://saphelpone.blogspot.com/

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member

While saving the Delivery Document , maintain at Header level the reason as Credit Block at Header Level > Administration.

This will not allow you to do PGI.Then Go to VL06O > Goods Issue.It will show all the Delivery Documents which are pending for PGI.

Kindly check & revert back.

Best regards,

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closing the thread since no more answers. Thanks for all your efforts gurus.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Yajee,

before going for solution, pl ensure other factors.

I presume with an example that you created 10 qty order. 8 qty delivery and 8 qty invoice.

again created 2 qty delivery but no PGI. by the time contract period is over and no one should go for delivery.

1. If MRP is there and it will block your available stock, then keep delivery doc as it is and change delivery qty to 0 put a delivery block and save. this will show in sale order as open del... then go for rej indicator in sales order as you are doing.

please remember the defference between completed indicator in sales order and delivery.

• If order says completed, the indicator "C" just has implecation on status of document but no G/L account.

but If indicator "C" in Goods issue means it has already affecteed COGS, and is ready for invoice and NEED it, UNLESS it is free goods item category..... so completion indicator in delivery has defferent meaning ... If iam not wrong.

*****Coming to reporting purpose in above solution, you can see in vl06 the picking status as BLANK and total status "A".

please get back whether my reply is RIGHT or WRONG.

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Satya,

What you understood is correct.

We need to change the status of Delivery to 'Completed' so no one can do PGI, that is the requirement. We need to close the Delivey order (either non changable or changable mode is OK for us).

As a matter of fact, we do not have MRP and our AVC is 'KP'.

Thanks and regards.

Venkat - Hyd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Yajee,

before going for solution, pl ensure other factors.

I presume with an example that you created 10 qty order. 8 qty delivery and 8 qty invoice.

again created 2 qty delivery but no PGI. by the time contract period is over and no one should go for delivery.

1. If MRP is there and it will block your available stock, then keep delivery doc as it is and change delivery qty to 0 put a delivery block and save. this will show in sale order as open del... then go for rej indicator in sales order as you are doing.

please remember the defference between completed indicator in sales order and delivery.

• If order says completed, the indicator "C" just has implecation on status of document but no G/L account.

but If indicator "C" in Goods issue means it has already affecteed COGS, and is ready for invoice and NEED it, UNLESS it is free goods item category..... so completion indicator in delivery has defferent meaning ... If iam not wrong.

*****Coming to reporting purpose in above solution, you can see in vl06 the picking status as BLANK and total status "A".

please get back whether my reply is RIGHT or WRONG.

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can get list of open deliveries in VL10, the way you can block the delivery from doing PGI is avoid picking.

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry for typo error, vl06 for list of deliveries, you can define delivery blocks as well in SPRO-LE-Shipping-Deliveries-Define reasons for blocking in shipping.

former_member232834
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yajee you can have your basis consultant block the delivery from being further editted by any user. Please ask your basis consultant to do that for you.

hope it helps

M. Ali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

The situation is that in our place, after a fixed time, the price we offer to customer is only for a fixed time, say like 15 days, after which we will not deliver any more material and if customer wants any more stock, we will renegotiate the price and open another sales order and the cycle starts again. Once a sales order is created and once the expiry date is exceeded, we need to permanently Block the Sales Order and any open Deliveries.

For the Sales Order we can assign the 'Reason for Rejection' which blocks the order and changes the status to 'Completed'. For the Delivery document, I can do at VL02N at Header - Administration - Delivery Block (Credit Limit). But still the status of the document is showing as 'Being Processed'.

Is there a way to change this to 'Completed' so that this doesnt show in any due list, as this cycle has been completed.

This issue is important.

Regards

Venkat - Hyd