cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove the space between two views in T-Layout 180

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I am facing an issue which i am explaining as below.

In a Window i have placed two views in a T-Layout 180 , left side is one view which is from another used component and right side view i placed from the current component.

now when ever i collapsed the left side view then i am getting the space between the left side view and right side view.

How to remove the space between the two views when we placed two views in a T-Layout 180.

when ever i collapsed the left side view then the left side view will be invisible then one expand button will be visible then again when i click on the expand button then again i am getting the space between the left side and right side view in T-Layout.

Please let me know how to remove the space between two views when we placed the two views in a single T-Layout 180 then it would be great help to me.

Thanks inadvance

Thanks

Trisha rani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

siarhei_pisarenka3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Trisha rani

Try to specify property HorizontalSashPosition of your T-Layout as 0 or 0%. This will force your right space to fill in all the screen. When left view displays something it will be shown as usual, but when left view is empty the right view will be shrink to the whole screen.

BR, Sergei

former_member187439
Active Participant
0 Kudos

What do you mean by collapsing the left view? Are you using a tray?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kavitha

we haven't used the Tray , we used two buttons with images like + and - for expanding and collapsing the view UI.

can you tell me how to reduce the space between two views when we click on the expand button??

Thanks

trisha

former_member187439
Active Participant
0 Kudos

What are the UI elements in your left view? Please use some transparent containers to group your UI elements and allign them to the left. This might help.

Edited by: Kavitha on Jul 6, 2009 3:20 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For collapsing (making invisible) dont use WDVisibility.NONE insted of that use WDVisibility.BLANK

Or

Change the RootUIElementContainer(TransparentContainer) layout to GridLayout and give fixed width and height. Like width: 250 height: 600. Keep the + and - buttons here in the root container.

Now create another TransparentContainer under this RootContainer with width: 245 and height: 550 and place all the remaing UI elements in this transparent container.

Now when user click on "-" make invisible of this second inner Transparent Container using WDVisibility.BLANK.

Regards,

Charan