cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project's currency evaluation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear PS Experts,

I need your suggestions regarding what is the best ways in PS of project currency evaluation and currency gain /loss treatments

in case of the project/sales order has for example two currencies and the actual cost is multi currencies how can we trace the currency gain /loss,evaluate project situation, etc.... .

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can maintain the currency in controlling area and company code wise, so that while calculating actual cost and gain loss you can directly use company code curreny. If you have some 2 comapny codes under one controlling area and both the companies are using diff currency you can easily valauate all your costing needs in this way.

Thanks

S.murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks S.murali for your support, I need more details regarding this subject, my question will be clear by the following scenario

Upon tendering stage (say by end of y2008 ) the exchange rate for project's precalculation is 4.95 (The project have a currency different from controlling area currency and company code) .

When having this project as an order received on March 2009 at this time the rate is 5.30.

Booking the project plan cost &revenue in the PS by the project currency (different from controlling area currency)

Booking actual cost is in multi currency

At this point we have 4 exchange rates 1- Recalculation rate2-Order received date rate 3-Current rate of the month

5- rates for the monthly planning in PS.

I need to know what is the best solutions to be applied to evaluate project situation via currency, trace the currency gain /loss, etc.....

B.R

Hend

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can use Transaction currency for your requirements. So that you will have controlling area currency under that company code currency under this you can maintain the transaction currency.

Thanks

S.Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks S.Murali, would you please explain in details the steps in customizing for doing this.

BR

Hend

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Regarding customizing for the currency contact your FI/CO team.

Thanks

S.Murali