cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPEHPI SAPJup phase STOP_SCS_INITIAL_ADDIN does not trigger event 'SCS'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi i fans,

My SapEhpi 'upgrade' from ERP 6.0 to ERP 6.04 EHP4 is stuck in phase STOP_SCS_INITIAL_ADDIN

This phase stops the SCS with OS command:

STOPSAP SID(DEV) INSTANCE(12) INSTHOST(AMPL-AS01) WAIT(*YES) WAITTIME(600)

But it needs to be:

STOPSAP SID(DEV) INSTANCE(12) INSTHOST(_'_AMPL-AS01_'_) WAIT(*YES) WAITTIME(600)

Host name AMPL-AS01 should be placed between ''

So this phase is stuck, and the ABAP part stops and waits for this Java part to finish and generate an SCS event

My questions:

1:

How can I change / override the behaviour / creation of this errourness OS command so it will return without errors?

2:

How can I skip this Java phase, since I did its work directly at OS-level?

i.e. how can I fool the SAPJup that this phase is finished?

3:

How can I generate the SCS event, so that the ABAP part will continue?

Kind regards,

Paul Hoogendoorn

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

After getting some hints from forum, I want to share my solution:

I shut down SAP manually for backup but Ehp installer assumes SCS is running. The script tries to stop SCS and return FALSE. You have to manually start SCS01.

startsap SCS01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Paul,

I am facing the same error, i have AIX as the OS.

Any idea how i can solve this problem

Regards

Anthony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

This error due to startup of java instance (slowly started). But Upgrade asumed java not startup.

After some time automatically java will up. you can start continue the same java phase...it will work.

Thanks

Jibin.

0 Kudos

Hello Paul,

I checked the command lines you posted. The common STARTSAP / STOPSAP commands are able to deal with host names that include the dash as special char. When you type such a command on the OS400 command line the needed appostrophes are inserted automatically. This is done by the OS400 command line processor. It can be verified by prompting the command again using the F9 key. The prompted command has than already the appostrophes.

Unfortunately, during the Java upgrade the STARTSAP / STOPSAP commands are generated by Java code and passed directly to the OS without using the command line processor. Therefore, there is no way to override this behaviour. A code fix is required instead which will lead to a new patch of SAPehpi.SAR.

Please open a customer ticket for component BC-OP-AS4. I assume from the SAP system name you are testing the EHPI procedure. If you want I can provide you a pre-patch of given Java parts of the EHPI in order to continue your EHPI.

Best regards,

René Lang

SAP on IBM i Development

Edited by: Rene Lang on Jul 6, 2009 10:29 AM