cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchase reqs not getting CIFed to ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a forecast with characteristic requirements, and got purchase reqs with characteristic requirements. I've set the conversion indicator and trying to send it to ECC but it is not getting transferred.

I have created a integration model and activated it.

I checked /sapapo/ccr and everything looks fine there. Is there any config I'm missing ??

thanks a lot

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sapcrs,

1) Please check whether sap note 331432 is applicable to you.

2) As mentioned in my previous reply in the same thread, did you check the change pointers.

3) Check the ECC master data of the product under error (like purchasing view). If not maintained properly, then also, it will give these kind of errors.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

I checked that note and it is for integration between CDP and R/3 but not for materials. It looks like its for Order operations (routings) based on 'the CDP integration for order operations' quote.

I create transfer events only when we have conversion indicator.

I created one test material without batch management and generated one purchase req and tried to CIF over to ECC and it is transferring purchase req. But when I set the conversion indicator in APO, I'm getting the same error 'Missing in R/3 with External key' and in details I have 'Schedule line does not exist in R/3' Error Code 183.

Is it mandatory to have schedule lines in ECC ?

I dont know what I'm missing..

I'm checking my purchasing views.

any other things I might be missing for batch management characteristics in CDP ?

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAPCRS,

As a general concept in troubleshooting such issues, try to eliminate as much complexity as possible.. For right now, get the replication working in both directions for the simplest type (eg, no characteristics or batches) of P/Rs or POs first.

Seems that from previous posts on this matter that you might not realize that there are can be two different sets of pr/po numbers - the ones originated in APO and the ones originated in R/3. When you create a pr in APO, it is 'local' to APO. When you save, and CIF across to R/3, R/3 creates a brand new P/R in R/3 with reference to the APO generated P/R. R/3 then is supposed to send this new p/r (with new p/r number) back to APO. APO knows the p/r number that it originated, and then matches it up with the new number returned by R/3. If it gets a good match, it deletes the original PR number and replaces it with the R/3 generated number.

This process happens for both PRs and for POs (and for planned and production orders as well, incidentally).

When you cif'd over the PR to r/3, did you get the r/3 p/r number back in APO after a brief wait? If you didn't, then you won't be able to convert to a PO.

Rgds,

DB49

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sapcrs,

Your issue of pur rqs not getting cif to ECC, it should fall under any one of the following

1) Customisation settings

2) Master data

3) Support packs

4) Notes

5) Installation error.

As you have checked all suggested master data and customisation fields, I suggest you

raise a OSS message to SAP so that they provide necessary guidance to proceed

further.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Error: no valid configuration profile found for MARA xxxxx (material number) occurs normally when u assign a new sales organization or sales/ purchasing data to a material. For ex: check if you have a new plant in the system and whether you have assigned anything related to this new plant to this material? If the new plant is not properly configured in APO or R/3 then you can get this error...Hence check all recent changes made to your material & revert any fishy ones to correct the error. Good Luck!

As far as the error code 182 is concerned, it should go off just by pushing your material to R/3 in compare reconcile (sapapo/ccr).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also please check whether in material master changes whether you have maintained/ assigned any data to this material which is not yet configured properly like inspection setup/ type or for that matter any other config which is not yet properly set for your system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sapcrs,

1) In APO, what is the class type are you using, is it 400? (that is equivalent to 023 in ECC)

2) Did you check the change pointers in transaction /sapapo/c5

3) Is your integration models active for batches, classes and characteristics?

4) After sending purchase requisition from APO to R/3, it goes to R/3 first gets some internal number and then comes back to APO and then create the PR number and the same information will get updated between both the systems. In such cases,

where exactly your information is get struck. Point on the inbound/outbound queue by putting some breakpoint (using an abapper)

5) Is there any sysfails or application logs?

6) Check sap notes 947032 & 1066509

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

Thanks a lot for your response.

Here are my answers to your questions:

In APO, what is the class type are you using, is it 400? (that is equivalent to 023 in ECC) - Class type in ECC - 023, Class type in APO - 400

Did you check the change pointers in transaction /sapapo/c5 - I tried and it is giving me no change pointers selecter for APO order type 021

Is your integration models active for batches, classes and characteristics? - Yes, they are active

After sending purchase requisition from APO to R/3, it goes to R/3 first gets some internal number and then comes back to APO and then create the PR number and the same information will get updated between both the systems. In such cases, where exactly your information is get struck. Point on the inbound/outbound queue by putting some breakpoint (using an abapper) - My Purchase reqs are not going to R/3 at all. That is my biggest problem. If I create a purchase req with a batch in ECC, I'm getting it in APO but other way is not working. i.e. Purchase reqs generated in APO are not getting pushed to ECC. When I do a planning run in APO, I get a temporary APO purchase req number not the ECC purchase req number.

Is there any sysfails or application logs?

Yes. In /sapapo/cc tcode I'm getting error - 'No valid configuration profile found for MARA <material number>'. This is what confuses me, does it needs to be a configurable material to use CDP and maintain material variants like we maintain in VC? My planning is completely based on batch characteristics which is of class type 023 in ECC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

I checked your notes and they are not applicable to me coz we are not using SRM. We have SCM and ERP R/3. And my application log have errors which I mentioned in my previous post.

I found this notes 820623 and I have the same exact error message in my application log.

but this notes is for configurable material but my materials are only ROH, HALB and FERT

nitin_thatte
Contributor
0 Kudos

I assume your problem is not yet solved.

from the posts, I gather that initially you had not maintained distribution definition in APO for publication of PRs. Therefore you were not getting the error in CCR. After you maintained it (this probably is what you mean by missing table entry) you started getting the error in CCR.

Have you tried to select the error record in CCR and send it to R/3? Since the PR did not CIF at generation/conversion indicator, it will not get CIFed on its own afterwards. You need to push it.

Try to push the record and let me know.

Regards,

Nitin Thatte

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My issue is not solved yet.

Senthil,

My purchasing view data is maintained properly. I have maintained pretty much nothing specific to purchasing except for the mandatory fields.

DB49/Nitin,

I tried with one material without any characteristics and no batch management. I generated purchase req in APO and able to transfer to ECC and getting it back to APO.

I tried to push it from /sapapo/ccr tcode but didn't work getting the same error.

Yes thats right, I didn't maintain the distribution definition initially and then I maintained it.

When I look my Application logs in CIF Cockpit, It is giving me 'No Valid configuration profile exists' error.

What I'm still confused is do we have to use variant configuration to use CDP ? I'm using only ROH, HALB and FERT materials without any material variants. All my materials are batch managed with class type 023. I'm using my batch characteristics in CDP to plan the components. When I peg a material against a version (batch) in APO, all I need is a batch number in Purchase req in ECC. Am I totally off the track doing something not possible ?? Please help me out here !

thanks,

nitin_thatte
Contributor
0 Kudos

You have probably ticked 'material is configurable' in basic data 2 view in material master. In that case you have to maintain configuration profile.

If you haven't it is not nesessary.

Another thing is that pegging relationship is not carried to R/3. If you are looking to do this, you are probably trying to achieve the impossible.

Nevertheless your scenario is still not clear to me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nitin for your response.

My materials are not configurable. I'm using only ROH, HALB, raw non-valuated and FERT Materials. Also I'm not looking for pegging relationships. All my materials are batch managed and kept in stock.

Here is my scenario,

When I peg a particular material against certain batch for STO's in APO, I need that purchase req in ECC with a batch number.

eg. Material MAT1 exists in Plant1 and Plant2. This material at plant2 has 2 batches, batch1 and batch2. Lets say I have a demand for Mat1 at plant1. Now when I create a STR from plant1 to plant2 with batch1 in APO which is accomplished by pegging, I want this STR in ECC with a batch number.

In APO I'm using class type 400. Does my materials need to be configurable materials to use that class ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sapcrs,

Batch and version are different concepts. Batch is the batch number derived for different lots of production. Version is the different set of data derived from active version.

Normally, pegging is a standard scenario in APO. But for purchase requistion pegging scenario, I have not explored so far.

But being standard scenario, if master data and customisation settings are proper, it should work.

If any problems, please let me know.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Senthil,

I was missing the number range config and I did that. I'm still not able to get my purchase reqs into ECC.

In my /sapapo/cc tcode I'm getting error 'Error when creating ERP configurations' and 'no valid configuration profile found for MARA xxxxx (material number)'.

In /sapapo/ccr tcode I'm getting 'Missing in R/3 without External Key' if I click details, I have this msg 'Schedule line without external number does not exist in R/3' Error code 182.

I'm getting my batch numbers in APO and I'm using fixed pegging and fixing a requirement for a particular batch. but no luck.

I'm trying with different materials but not able to resolve this thing. I'm totally getting confused.

Can you please help me ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sapcrs,

No config profile is required in ECC for setting up CDP. In ECC, the following are the mandatory criteria.

1) Class and charactristics

2) Class type 023 for batch

3) Both assigned to material master

4) Both assigned to work center

5) Both assigned to routing

6) All master data on work center, routing, bom, material master etc., are maintained properly

7) Integration models for class, charactersistics, bom , routing, work center etc.,

😎 All mandatory batch managed configurations and master data in ECC.

This will translate the fields from ECC to APO.

Hope all your queries are resolved fully.

Please confirm

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for the quick response.

When I peg my materials against batches (versions) in APO, we will get a batch number in purchase requisition/PO in ECC right ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sapcrs,

1) In APO customisation in supply network planning under basic settings, check Set Use of Number Ranges for SNP

2) In APO customisation for global settings for number ranges of orders, check PPDS > Global settings > maintain no range of orders

3) How you are sending the changes from APO to R/3? is it through BTE or change pointers? If through change pointers, you need to use /sapapo/c5 transaction to send the purchase requisition entries.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Senthil !

I was missing the number range definition in APO.

Do we need to have a configuration profile in ECC to use CDP ?

As you know I'm using batch characteristics for pegging and my materials are only ROH, HALB and FERT in ECC. When I have a purchase req with characteristic requirement in APO which is pegged against some versions(batchces), we will get a batch number in purchase requisition in ECC right ?

thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sapcrs,

Please check on the following.

1) Whether external number or the number range is defined for purchase requisitions for both ECC and in APO.

2) Check your OLTP setting in apo customisation for purchase requisitions (spro > sap guide > apo > supply planning > snp > basic setting > configure to oltp setting)

3) Check the distribution definition in apo customisation under spro > sap guide > int with sap components > int with CIF > basic settings for data transfer > publication > ....

Please check and confirm.

Regards,

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

I have checked option 2 and 3. They seem to be fine.

I dont know about optioni 1 though. Where do we maintain purchase requisition number ranges in APO ?

ECC side fine.

any other inputs ?

Is it a must to maintain scheduling agreements in ECC for STO's ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was missing an entry in a table for those plants.

Now, I'm getting the error ' Schedule line without external number does not exist in R/3' error code 182

what is that I'm missing ?