cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pop up from BADI to Web Dynpro Component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I have to issue a pop up message from a BADI to web dynpro component. How do I achieve this? I have also issue error message from same BADI to web dynpro component. How do I do this?

Just let you know the BADI is triggered by web dynpro component and I perform some validations inside the BADI.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

GSM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Am having the same problem with Badi CTS_REQUEST_CHECK (for transport release).. It appears that the parameters supplied with the Badi do not allow any connection with the message handlers/controller, etc...

Is there a way to raise a popup/custom message to the Web Dynpro UI?

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

If the BADI doesn't send in Web Dynpro specific objects via the BADI interface or capture old style messages and convert them to the message manager in the surrounding logic, then there isn't really anything you can do short of modifying the BADI itself.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>Just let you know the BADI is triggered by web dynpro component and I perform some validations inside the BADI.

You need to be careful here. If the BADI is only indirectly triggered by the Web Dynpro component, it might not be designed specifically for Web Dynpro. Often these BADIs might just be within the application logic that is resued in Web Dynpro. You might not have importing parameters for the Web Dynpro controller or message manager - which would be necessary for issuing a web dynpro message. What is the interface on the BADI? Sometimes they will have an older message structure in the parameters of the BADI interface and the calling SAP code will in turn convert the old message structure to the Web Dynpro ABAP Message Manager. I think we need to know more about the BADI and the importing and exporting parameters of the BADI before we can make a good recommendation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks and do you have any sample code to perform this.

Thanks,

GSM

Pramanan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

In webdynpro abap pop up is nothing but a view. So you can design a pop up view and embed it to a window.In BADI enhancement implementation write the necessary code. In webdynpro side call the pop up once the badi is called and the necessary output is obtained.