cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

order to order copy control

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When i create a order document with reference to another order document the document pricing procedure and pricing procedure of which are differerent the system determines the pricing procedure of the subsequent document in pricing . Now if i want to have the same pricing procedure as the preceding document what data transfer routine should i use or what changes should i make in the existing routine so as to enable the system to carry out the same pricing. How does the pricing procedure transfer takes place through copy ontrol from one document to another??

Regards,

Vkay..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please note that during billing to order copy control the pricing procedure remains the same aven though different pricing procedures are assigned to the two documents which are created with reference, but the same is not the case for order to oredr copy control in which case the pricing proc. changes if different doc. pricing procedures are assigned to the two docs with diff. pricing.So i wish to know exactly how does the pricing transfer take place from one doc. to another?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can maintain in the User Exit that if any Preceding Documents are ,there then consider the pricing Procedure of that Sales Document.Other wise pick the one maintained in OVKK.

Best Regards,

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vee Kay,

1. we do copying from reference to subsequent order documents coz of the time factor so that we dont need to enter the same order with sold to party and materials for frequent orders. This is based on the procedure procedure determination(OVKK) that we maintain for the particular combination to trigger the pricng procedure in the sales order

OVKK = sales org + Dist Channel + Div + Doc Pric Procedure + cust pricing Procedure + Pricing procedure

2. The Data Transfer Routine in the copy control treats pricing during the copying documents and will not change the pricing procedure. At the time of billing, the pricing types can be used to change the behaviour of the pricing procedure, but not the pricing procedure.

3. Kindly ensure the sold-to party and material that belongs to sales area.

This can be solved by maintaining proper pricing procedure.

Regards

Ravishankar M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

In VTAA, copy contro from order to order, at the item level, there is a field called Pricing type. Select the option D to copy the pricing elements unchanged or G to copy price elements & redetermine taxes.

This will ensure that same pricing elements are coped from source to destination.

You need not make any changes to control routines at item level. Just use what the standard is having.

Regards,

Sivanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please note that this is a order to order copy control and the pricing procedure assigned to the 2 documents is different and specific to these documents which cannot be changed at to suit one specific requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need not make changes to any routine , simply set up the copy control between the document types and item categories that should get the pricing from your preceeding document. If you want to make any new changes to the new document during copying then you make changes to the data transfer routines.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Now if i want to have the same pricing procedure as the preceding document

Ensure that in OVKK, for the combination of customer pricing procedure and document pricing procedure (if you have different from the order type / billing type), you have assigned the same pricing procedure.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi