cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BRARCHIVE Double Save Option

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

Our SAP ECC is installed on AIX with Oracle 10G.

The online backups for this system will soon be configured with Tivoli Storage Manager. We can also configure BRARCHIVE to run periodically to move the offline archivelog files to TSM.

Well my question now is, can i run the BRARCHIVE command with double save command where one copy goes to TSM and another copy moves to a folder on my remote host which is a AIX system.

This double copy is to maintain a redundancy in case the TSM fails

Please let me know if any such possibility is there?

Regards

Anil Verma B

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Anil,

yes this is possible and called "Two-Phase Backup".

Please check the documentation about it:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/83/8fcf54ac5dfe4ba5fccf0516454ecf/content.htm

Regards

Stefan

ashish_vikas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes Anil

you can do this. Its already replied. Also you need to change parameters in initSID.sap ..

ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stefan,

Thanks for the reply. This option does not work as my backup to TSM is not on STAGE. Well what i did is created a new init profile which uses stage to move archive log to remote disk.

Well this is not double copy in a single brarchive operation but still still satisfies my requirement as i use only sve command in both the operation.

Regards

Anil Verma

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can use BRARCHIVE's "-sd" option and configure TSM to backup file in 2 nodes/class/client (or whatever they call this). Ask your TSM admin about this option.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Eric....

The TSM admin implementing this still denies that any such feature is available.

I would really appreciate if you can provide some insight or document on this.

I will try to do this myself?

Regards

Anil Verma B

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Anil,

what Eric means is that you can multiplex your archive logs to different management classes in the TSM.

Normally you do this, if you want to reduce the risk of some data loss if one library is crashed.

You can also define disk pools in the management classes, but this does not fulfill your request.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think ill stick to the double BRARCHIVE operation. One for TSM and one for Remote disk, i have run it a couple of times and its working fine. Dont think there should be a problem even if i run them in parallel.

Thanks to all lot for the support.

Regards

Anil Verma B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First update sapbackup parameter file at os lavel bi vi command. means set the archive backup folder path. then user CDS option for BRarchive backup.

Thanks

presu