cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 7.1 High Availability Cluster issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

in our PI7.1 system, we have High availabilty..........we have 2 app servers APP1 and APP2 .............we have 2 servers CI1 and CI2 for central instance.........we are using virtual host as CI everywhere.......so CI can be CI1 or CI2 at any instance.........

Two days back during night for 10 minutes something strange happened........before this time period and after this time period everything is okay................during this time period, i saw msgs erroring in PI in SXMB_MONI transaction giving HTTP 503 Service not available msg and giving HTML error as ICM started but no server with HTTP connected.................then after this time-period, these error msgs were restarted automatically because of RSXMB_RESTART_MESSAGE report which is scheduled in backgroud.............

i want to analyze what happened during this time period..............

From the above HTML error, i analyzed that J2EE engine was down.............

From ICM trace i got that a server node with some number has been dropped from load balancing list, then its HTTP service was stopped, then later this server node was added to load balancing list, then its HTTP service was started and then msgs started getting processed............

i think this server node is linked to CI1 instance.............

So my questions:

1. why CI1 was dropped from load balancing list - what happened at that point of time - how to analyze it.......

2. even if CI1 was not working, why did not the system switched to CI2 immidiately.......

3. how did CI1 automatically got added in the load balancing list............

Plz help me to analyze this situation..........

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi misecmisc

please gone through this links i hope it will help you.

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/JSTSG/%28JSTSG%29%28TG%29Q2065

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/advancedsearch?query=http503Servicenotavailable+

Regards

Bandla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer this note

Note 1292171 - Troubleshooting Guide: ABAP Web Services Runtime

i am not sure, it will suit or not.

Just a try

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer this post.

let us know if u have any issues.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

your above link is not related to my HA issue............

Hi Pawan,

there was no network issue during this time-period.........

Hi All,

any suggestions how to analyze how this happened that why one instance was dropped from load-balancing list and the virtual host did not moved to other instance immediately..............

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

your above link is not related to my HA issue............

Hi Pawan,

there was no network issue during this time-period.........

Hi All,

any suggestions how to analyze how this happened that why one instance was dropped from load-balancing list and the virtual host did not moved to other instance immediately..............

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Pls help...........

any suggestions..........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you check if there were any network problems during that time..?

Regards,

Pavan