SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acdemic Scales With Same Lower and Upper Limit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Greetings!!!!

We have a requirement from customer, who wants two scale values with similar lower and upper limit.

Suppose F has a Scale value 1, Std Value 40.000, upper limit 40.000 and lower limit 0.

Customer wants values Called IP and I, which has a scale value similar to F=1, with same lower limit, Standard Value and upper limit.

As upper limit of the next scale value is define by the system based on the previous scale lower value, I don't think we can achieve this kind of condition.

Has any one faced this situation? or any one have some solution for it?

Thanks in Advance

Sudhir Gupta

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

IP and I (to designate 'incomplete') are commonly used 'special grade symbols', and do not need to be added to the academic scales at all. In the BADI HRPIQ00_GRADESYM_VAL you can define special grade symbols, along with their proper standard values.

Michael

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

former_member182585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sudhir,

Just for my information (Its no where related to your query), are you using different appraisal templates for different modules or only one appraisal template applicable to all modules?

Warm Regards

Vinod Kumar

0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

To make the grading process unanimous and simple, we are using one common appraisal template right now, but it can differ from module to module if business requirement needs.

Thanks and Regards

Sudhir Gupta

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

IP and I (to designate 'incomplete') are commonly used 'special grade symbols', and do not need to be added to the academic scales at all. In the BADI HRPIQ00_GRADESYM_VAL you can define special grade symbols, along with their proper standard values.

Michael

0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your reply.

This BADI is very useful when you grade the student internally (for internal academic works).

I have problem in putting the external grades of the student, I can maintain the additional grades in the badi, but this BADI is not been called while you enter the external grades of student (PIQSTM->External Achievement->Create Transcript).

How to achieve this for external grades, because we are getting transcripts all over the world and grading system is varying differently, and we are unable to enter any additional grade and those grade symbols which don't have any values e.g. Withdrawal (W), Disciplinary Action (DN) etc.

Please suggest...

Thanks and Regards

Sudhir Gupta

0 Kudos

Sudhir,

I think I understand your requirement, but let me re-phrase and offer a suggestion:

Requirement: You wish to enter grades in an external transcript for a student. Some of the grade symbols are 'informational only', and do not really translate into any 'grade value' for purposes of calculating an external GPA. They just need to be recorded in the transcript.

Solution:

1. In the IMG, there is a task SLCM -> Master Data -> Educational Background -> External Organizations -> Set Up Grade Symbols. Here, you define all of the additional external grade symbols you wish to accommodate (such as W, X, DN). If you want, you can even just define a generic one here, such as 'NG' (Not graded).

2. When you define your External Organization, in the tab 'Scales/Credits'), you can map all of the special symbols used by that organization to the appropriate values defined in step 1. You could map them all to a generic internal 'NG', for example.

3. When you enter the external subject in the transcript, you can now use any of the symbols you defined for that External Org (as defined in step 2) as grades for subjects. They will be stored with the symbol you enter ( the symbol/value will not be converted on the screen), and an internal grade of 'NG' (or whatever you defined it to map to in step 2) will also be stored.

4. The grade will not be included in any GPA calculation for these purely qualitative grade values.

I think that should satisfy your requirement to accommodate special grade symbols in External Transcripts.

Michael

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Michael,

I never noticed there, SAP already had standard solution for that.

Thanks and Regards

Sudhir Gupta