cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing table data from one BSP page to another

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, can anyone explain to me or give me an example of how to pass internal table data from one BSP page to another. I can do this easily with a single field by setting the Page Attribute to Automatic and using the following command: "navigation->set_parameter( 'fieldx' )." At this point "fieldx" is available to the next page as long as I have "fieldx" defined as Page Attribute on that page. But I cannot seem to find a way to do this with a internal table.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The best way is to store your tables within cookies.

Check http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/2a/31b97b35a111d5992100508b6b8b11/frameset.htm

for all details on how to set and retrieve them.

Eddy

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use the application class to do data transfer between two pages of BSP. This gives lot of advantage as u can exactly assign and re-call the table u need in between the pages.

No inpact on performance (as such) and URL length.

Hope it help.

Aj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Troy,

For passing an internal table from from one BSP page to other you can find an example in BSP application IT00 on page transition_parameter.htm.

But there are restrictions regarding the URL length during the redirect, since the whole table is transferred as a URL parameter. It can be solved in two ways:

Use server-side cookies because the tables are not sent to the browser in this case

or

Use navigation->use_auto_submit_form( ). This forwards the parameters in the body of a form, and the request is executed using POST and not using GET.

Thanks

Aashish