cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flexible Reporting Options

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created a Line Efficiency report using PP data in BW. This report has several audiences.

Each week executives would like to view efficency trends at a plant level by week say over a 6 week timeframe.

Each day plant controllers would like to view efficiency data trends at a workcenter level for their plant by day for the current week.

Each day line supervisors would like to view efficency data at a material level for their specific line (workcenter) for the previous production day.

I can easily set up a query/web template which can deliver this information but significant user interaction is required to get to 2 of the 3 layouts. What, if any, options do I have to allow this information to be presented in mulitple layouts? Additionally, I would like to broadcast these various outputs so any solutions hints on that would be appreciated as well.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

madeline_poh
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Did you manage to get any resolution for your question? I'm having the same problem and would be interested to find out more.

Thanks,

Madeline

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any way to present a variable to the users giving them choices of date ranges and then populate those ranges in a customer exit via logic in CMOD

For example, I would like a dropdown list that contains values like: Previous Day, Previous Week, Previous 6 Weeks etc.

Based on the value input here I will determine the range that should be populated in 0CALDAY.

Is this possible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is possible as you said. You can ask the user for previous day, week , month and using customer exit you can display relevant results.

One more option to do without CMOD is specifying variable ranges on 0CALDAY.

Message was edited by: AVR - IGA

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not want to just give a range variable for 0CALDAY because I want to be able to schedule this report for broadcasting.

You say it is possible to ask the user for previous day, week , month and using customer exit you can display relevant results. How is this possible? I am struggling with how to create a variable like this. Can you be more specific?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create a text variable and based on that you can manipulate in the exit code. For example if I take a text variable the user can enter 'Q' for Quarter or 'Y' for year or 'W' for week result. by reading this in the exit we can populate respective result in the columns which should include other variables. Think for the logic, you can get that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understand the concept of query views to get different looks at the data.

However, if one group of people is looking at the most recent 6 weeks of data, another group at the last week of data, and a third group at yesterday's data, how can I setup the broadcaster to execute for different & changing periods of time?

Is this possible or should I be creating several queries?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jonathan

Try precalculation of web templates . Now eash group want to data with different timeframe (6 weeks , last week and yesterday's data ) use Customer exit variable if these patterns are fixed for the role. Like a plant supervisor want to visit last 6 weeks data then you define that logic in CMOD for a variable.

Then use download scheduler -> with this the users can download their respective views at predefined frequency.

Hope this will help.

Regards

Pradip

(Friends: Don't forget to assign points)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pradip

Can you expand upon your suggestion? Are you saying that we should have a different role for each of the jobs and based on the role assignment that would change the default value of a variable via CMOD?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

You can try to use Views on BEx. The single query can be saved with different layouts like different Views.

For the broadcast you can use Reporting Agent, scheduling Web Templates based on the Views defined in BEx.

Ciao.

Riccardo.