cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Learning SAP Basis and Netweaver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Gurus,

I am a Unix System Administrator with good experience (almost 7 years) with Application Servers (Weblogic, Oracle AS) and Databases (Oracle DB and SQL Server). I want to learn SAP but don't know what is the best technology track for me. I researched over the web and find that SAP Basis and Netweaver Admin is close to my current job role.

I need help how can I set up a learning environments and what software I can install to start self study. Please provide me any good starting point, books , tutorial and URL from where I can get myself familiar with SAP (Basis and/or Netweaver).

Thanks

-Naveed-

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naveed,

As per your experience you have got exposure to many area and SAP Basis and Netweaver best suits to your current profile.

For learing purpose you can go for a SAP Basis/Netweaver course from any SAP authorised training partner such as Siemens, JK Technology, SAP TechEd etc. this is 45 days (5 days a week) regular course.

For materials you can study SAP R/3 Handbook 2nd edition (available on net also) and TADM10_1 & 2, TADM12_1 & 2 and TADM51.

Also go to www.help.sap.com and try the trial version advised by Uday

Best of Luck

Edited by: Lokendra on Jul 6, 2009 8:03 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lokendra and everyone on this thread,

THANKS A LOT for your helpful tips and suggestions.

Regards

-Naveed-

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can go with installing [NW|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/nw-downloads]

SAP NetWeaver 7.01 SR1 SP3 ABAP Trial Version SAP Evaluation Software

Download SAP NetWeaver 7.01 SR1 SP3 ABAP Trial Version - ABAP Trial Version. This package comes with SAP's robust ABAP server. It also includes the Web Dynpro for ABAP development environment including reusable user interface elements and other UI services, such as F4-help. Web Dynpro is SAP's standard UI technology for developing business applications. (SAP NetWeaver 7.01 SR1 SP3 ABAP Trial Version, 3.24 GB)02 Mar 2009

You find good documents at [Help portal|http://help.sap.com]

Regards

Udya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Uday and Manoj for the help.

Regards

-Naveed-

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naveed,

I need help how can I set up a learning environments and what software I can install to start self study.

You can download trial version from [https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/nw-downloads]

refer to help.sap.com, sdn.sap.com for further study

Hope this helps.

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manooj,

To learn the SAP Basis/Netweaver what exact version of SAP should I need to install. I really appreciate your help.

Thanks

-Naveed-

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naveed,

To learn the SAP Basis/Netweaver what exact version of SAP should I need to install

You can install either 7.0 or 7.1 version based on your available resources like Operating system ,hardware etc.

You can download software from my previous link.

Hope this helps.

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please goto service.sap.com and try to download the installation guide.

Please go for SAP BASIS training in SAP and you shall find the things Easy.

you can find the configuration guide in SDN.sap.com.

Thanks

Rishi abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rishi,

I am not a member of service.sap.com and dont have any installation of SAP. Is there anyother site from where I can download the software and installation guides ?

Please let me know what software name and version I need to download to get started ( I am absolutely new to SAP).

Thanks

-Naveed-

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go for the Course for SAP Basis and you shall get the books TADM10,TADM12 and TADM51 for oracle admin.

If you have knowledge of these book you are ready for Work and then you have to have hands on the system.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi,

These books are really great source. Thanks for the info. Now my next question - to practice the SAP and to get hands on , can I download and install any software (any for learning purpose) ? If so what should I install.

Thanks for the help and suggestions.

-Naveed-