cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing DMS through HTTP Request ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I have searched almost everywhere to find a solution and to prevent duplication to my problem, but no luck!

We are having SAP DMS, and i found a way to connect to the content server through the following sentax:

http://servername:port/script?command&parameters

I am using the following Script: ContentServer.dll

and trying to get a document through the following command: docGet, so I am requesting the server with the following link:

http://servername:port/ContentServer.dll?docGet&parameters,

I have managed to prepare almost all the parameters required to retrieve a document, and when i execute the link, it is prompting a user name and password.

I don't know what shall I provide to retrieve that document.

Also, is there any good way to find the docID without having to do database tracing?

Thanks and Regards...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check,

1. Call transaction SICF.

2. Expand the services tree.

3. Double-click on the service contentserver, which is located under /default_host/sap/bc.

4. Make sure that the service user you created in transaction SU01 is stored under Anonymous Logon Data on the tab page Service data.

Note that setting under Language here sets the language of the Content Server error messages.

When you create this user, the standard client is also specified.

5. Activate the service contentserver. To do this, choose Execute, click with the right-hand mouse button on the service in question, and choose Activate service from the context menu.

6. Save.

i think wha u providing here, would be the same when system prompts u for ID and PW.

Benakaraj

??P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rajes,

I have contacted SAP and raised an OSS with the following:

We are trying to retrieve a document from SAP eDMS, and we have figured out that the retrieving process is done through an HTTP Request. We have tried with the following URL:

http://eDMSServer01:1090/ContentServer/ContentServer.dll?docGet&pVersion=0046&contRep=Z_DMS_SPC&docI...

But it is giving the following Error Message:

401 (Unauthorized)

Security: Verify SsfEncode failed rc=3,lasterror=0, (null)

So our question is: Can we create a URL that will retrieve a document from our SAP eDMS? If so, how to create that URL?

Also, is there any standard way to retrieve docID without tracing the DB Transaction?

and they replied to me saying:

You cannot directly retrieve a document from the content server for

security reasons.

In order to create a URL (link) to a document that is available in

EasyDMS, use the function 'Copy as URL' or 'Send as URL' from the

EasyDMS context menu.

So I have installed Easy DMS, and figured out how to retrive a document from our DMS. however, I couldn't find Copy as URL or Send as URL from the Context Menu!!

Any Idea, please ....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Helllo,

refer note 694751

it has the implementation of this FM

but iam also trying to do this and my question is To implement this Note is that we should have Already created the Funtional Module Z_EASYDMS_GETURL ?

if so how to create this Funtional Module please guide,

if u r successfull after going to this Note pls let us Know

Thanks and regards

Sari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Regarding, this :

"401 (Unauthorized)

Security: Verify SsfEncode failed rc=3,lasterror=0, (null) "

If you modify the line

Security=1 by Security=0

in the ContentServer.ini file, under the section [contRep-<repository ID>].

you could avoid this Security.

Best regards.

Answers (0)