cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Background user getting locked frequently

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

In production system Background (SYSTEM) user is getting locked frequently due to incorrect login at a particular time. I have checked all the jobs, wp traces and other stuff. There is no information why its getting locked.

Is there any way to find out how its getting locked without switching on the trace..?

Regards,

Pavan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Switching on the trace will help you better analyse the cause of error

Is Audit log activated in your sytem SM19/SM20?

Regards

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I cannot switch on the trace or the audit log cannot be activated.

Regards,

pavan

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I cannot switch on the trace or the audit log cannot be activated

Any particular reason for this?

Basically Jobs won't lock the user... is the RFC's called by the jobs that will lock it, basically if the password of your background user was reset and any of the RFC's have the username and old password populated that will eventually lock your user... so check the RFC's.

Regards

Juan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

check if that user is used in RFC connections with incorrect password.

Diggeshhjoshi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Following might be helpful.

- Check if any RFC to production system is using user id SYSTEM and verify by using authorization check of RFC.

- Check with your security team, if they have any job running to lock users if it is not used for certain days.

Thanks,

Digesh Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Checked with all the RFC connections in the entire landscape and also the systems which are connecting to the Production and we are not using the background user for the RFC connections.

Digesh,

We dont use any USER called SYSTEM in our production and more over security team do not have any such jobs.

Thanks everyone for trying to provide me with your valuable suggestions.

Regards,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please check the trace .

or

Please also check create an rfc with the background user and try authoriation check for all the system connected to production.

thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi,

Already performed the activities mentioned by you, but no use.

Please let me know if there is any other way.

Regards,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you cannot activate the trace then can you please let me know afyer you unlock the user how much time it get locked and which Job starts failing.

Please check the trace at that time when the job starts failing.

if you unlock the user and it get locked again in 1 houredaerdw then goto ST12 and for put trace on perticular background user.

this can be done any time this is tr

Thnaks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

After i unlock the user stays for 1 week sometimes and 1 day sometimes...there is no particular period for it.And more over none of the jobs are failing because of this.

I cannot switch on the trace on the user.

i got the below information from SAP WORKLOAD: single statistical record overview : General

00:31:10 xxxxxxxap06_PRD <AD_RESET_USR02> G 0 BACKGROUND

00:31:10 xxxxxxxap08_PRD <AD_RESET_USR02> G 0 BACKGROUND

00:31:10 xxxxxxxap02_PRD <AD_RESET_USR02> G 0 BACKGROUND

00:31:10 xxxxxxxap03_PRD <AD_RESET_USR02> G 0 BACKGROUND

00:31:10 xxxxxxxap04_PRD <AD_RESET_USR02> G 0 BACKGROUND

And above time is when its getting locked....and the same time stamp i found in SM21.But no jobs failed at that time.

Any Ideas how to go with this.

Regards,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you have an idea how many places it is used .If you cant put trace then you need to get the user reset and get the new password .

Please check STAD transaction on time 00:00 to 2:00 for that dayfor which you have sent the logs.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rishi,

Details i have sent you are from STAD only.

Regards,

Pavan