cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

N4S test drive on Linux 64 Bit- Which Java SDK???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I installed test drive Netweaver 7.1 ABAP/Java on Linux 64 bit. Database is MaxDB. ABAP is working fine, but J2EE stack is not starting. OpenSuSE 11.1 has its own Java virtual machine, but I think I have to install SUN JDK, but wich version?

I tried 64 bit version 1.6- no success,,,, with 32-bit versin 1.6 no success ether. then I downloaded 32 bit version 1.4.2, but still not working.

Error message is something like:

DlLoadLib: dlopen()= libjvm.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32 -> DLENOACCESS (0,...

So which version of Sun Java is needed for WAS 7.1 on Linux/OpenSuSE 64 Bit?

Regards BErnd

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to close the thread. After installing the IBM Java SDK and running ldconfig all works fine.

Regards Bernd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I downloaded "SAP NetWeaver 2004s (NW04s) incl. J2EE Server on a MaxDB". The same version on DB2 was also announced, but I could not find the link. In the readme is written that a special "JDK 1.4.2 for SAP Customers" from IBM I needed. I thought only for the DB2 version that requirement fits, but looks like also for the MaxDB version. I will try to download the IBM version.

>>java -version

As I wrote, I tried several packages. I will now test with the IBM version.

Regards Bernd

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I installed test drive Netweaver 7.1 ABAP/Java on Linux 64 bit. Database is MaxDB. ABAP is working fine, but J2EE stack is not starting. OpenSuSE 11.1 has its own Java virtual machine, but I think I have to install SUN JDK, but wich version?

What's the output of "java -version"?

Can you tell me which of the trials you're installing? You're sure it's 7.1 and not 7.01? For the latter you need the IBM JDK 1.4.2 for Linux x64.

Markus