cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display success notifications

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

In an iView created with VC, I use a BAPI to modify some data in an SAP table. Once succesfully done, I want the Iview to display a "Success message". the message doesn't need to be in a popup window. It could be just a usual portal notification, like the error notifications you get if a BAPI would be called with some incorrect input data (kind of status massage in the top left corner of the iview) or like the success notifications of the portal after saving a modified iview.

After some investigations, I know that error messages from BAPIs are displayed as portal notifications, if the BAPI provides an output table called Return, which has the same structure as the SAP structure BAPIRET2.

As in succesfull cases no messages are generated, the return structure is not filled and the portal doesn't show any success notification.

Any ideas to show "success" notifications in spite of that.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elyes,

Are you using VC 6.0 ?

In VC 6.0 you can have a label where you can display your own message using dynamic expression, after checking the values of BAPIRETURN table.

If you are using VC 7.0, you can go for pop-up windows.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi deep,

To answer your first question: I'm using VC6.0.

Concerning your suggestion to display notifications, I already considered displaying them in a text field. That is however not so elegant, and I thought there should be a way how to invoke the notification interface of the portal.

Your idea to use labels is interesting and could be better than the text fields variant I described. I however didn't find a way how to change the content of the label dynamically -> There are no behaviour fields (initialization, computation ...) for labels.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elyes,

if I understand your problem....

..you coluld connect a table view to the return port, make only the MESSAGE field visible and in computation of dynamic expressions put

IF(ISNULL(@MESSAGE),'ok',@MESSAGE)

If is enough..it works!

Bye

Massimiliano