Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Infotype 0002(Restricting DOB and SSN)Field Restriction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a situation where DOB and SSN fields in Infotype 002 needs to be restricted to atmost most of the users.

Over a Period of time most of the users are getting access to this Infotype 002 because of Custom Reports(developed)as the Reports are pulling the users First and last name from Infotype 002.

In the cleanup process we have identified users having access to these reports and combination of PA20,PA30....and couple of other T-codes are leading to data Privacy issues.

can any of you share your thoughts on restricting(DOB and SSN)fields in Infotype 002

4 REPLIES 4

former_member701183
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please see the thread "Infotype Field level restriction " . It was anwered by Zaheer a few days back. Just give this search in forum or SSN search. Let me know if any issue.

Regards

Aveek.

0 Kudos

Hi,

other than creating a Transaction field Variant do we have any other options in restricting fileds on the infotype

0 Kudos

Hi,

Restriction within a Infotype is not possible in SAP security. But general restrictions can be imposed via p_orgin object for 0002.

Let me know if any issue.

Regards

Aveek.

0 Kudos

Hi Avik,

client has developed some custom reports for user analysis based on cost centre,personnal area and the custom reports are pulling up the user First name and last name from table PA0002.Users having display access to HR Master Record and access to custom report need Infotype0002 in roles designed from where users are able to see the DOB and SSN.