Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender RFC channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I hv a small doubt.

What does the program id in the Sender RFC Channel mean?

Where does this program exists,in XI or R3 system?

If in XI, Where can I find this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

for all the info about sender RFC you can also check out my blog:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Your blog explains the configuration but I don understand the exact use of program_id.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/67/6d0540ba5ee569e10000000a155106/content.htm

program ID should be created in the server which act as a sender( Normally it will be created in SM59 of R/3 syetem)

Regards,

Sunil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is tat jst a user defined name to uniquely identify a sender rfc channel while creating the

tcp/ip connection in R3?

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Malini,

You can think of it that way.

Here is what SAP documentation says about Program ID:

"Identification of a registered RFC server program

With an SAP gateway, an RFC server program can be registered under this ID and then wait for RFC calls from different SAP systems.

The registered server program thus no longer has to be started locally by an SAP instance (applications server, gateway or SAPgui) or via remote shell.

You must maintain the specifications made via the SAP Gateway (host name and service) if registration is not being made via the gateway of the current applications server.

The program ID or host name and service of the SAP gateway in this entry must match the registration parameters (through RfcAccept)."

Regards,

Ravi

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Is tat jst a user defined name to uniquely identify a sender rfc channel while creating the
tcp/ip connection in R3?

rather than saying that it uniquely identifies the Channel (though this statement is correct)....i would say ProgramId uniquely identifies the RFC Destination....

Regards,

Abhishek.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Program Id is a user defined unique name, which you need to enter in RFC Destination,

this Program Id should be given in Sender RFC Channel and activate the Channel.