cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoice Process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

We have a customer who is creating invoices within the regular invoice range in normal process, and these invoices are only fur custom purpose and they do no thave any value in $, this invoice will never be replaced by another invoice with value, since these invoices are created normally they hang in the system as not released to accounting.

But, in reality these invoices are not needed for accounting as they does not hold any $ value.

Can we establish a proforma invoice process for this kind of requirement ? If yes, how can we establish this process ? kindly guide me.

Thanks in advance.

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you dont want to post that invoice to accounting you can have posting block for that invoice types. Go to VOFA, select the invoice type , Go to details, there you can see posting block check box, just check that, and then this invoice wont post to Accounting,

Thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raja,

But, we have several other invoices with similar inovice types which we want them to be posted for accounting, only some of the invoices which we do not want to post to accounting, in such case how do we need to handle ?

Thanks

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

> But, we have several other invoices with similar inovice types which we want them to be posted for accounting, only some of the invoices which we do not want to post to accounting, in such case how do we need to handle ?

Hi,

As told by Raja, in VOFA activate the posting block so that there will not be any a/c doc created.

But for few billing doc, that you want to post to a/c, just go to VF02, from Billing Doc. menu select Release to Accounting option. System will post only this particular billing doc. to accounting.

This way by default system will block all the billing doc. for that billing type. And you need to manually post whatever billing doc to a/c you want

Hope this will serve ur purpose

Sagar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

First thing, you decide whether you want to change the process and go for proforma or you want to continue with the same practice.

If you want the same practice then as i suggested put a posting block to invoice type and manually release which you want to post.

And if you want Proforma then probably you can Use F5/F8 based on whether its delivery related or order related proforma invoice,

if you want to use standard then there will be Copy control setting by default else check in VTFL and VTFA.

Thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raja,

I am more interested to go with your advise, but as said we keep issuing atleast 200 invoices a day and out of it we might have to block only 10 invoices roughly to go to accounting, so in this case this solution will be difficult for the day to day business operations team. Hope you agree with me. If this is the case, how can we avoid manual work ?

Thanks again.

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

10 out of 200 only, then i can understand that will make your process more tidious as you have to release 190 manual.

So better you go for Proforma.

Follow this step:

1. Check whether Copy control setting from your delivery/order to Proforma F5/F8 is exist or not.( for del to billingT-code is VTFL and from order to billing its VTFA)

2. For those 10 invoices , after going to VF01, select either F5 or F8 based on whether its order related or delivery related billing.

3. Save the document.

Hope it will help.

Thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

>we might have to block only 10 invoices roughly to go to accounting

That means more that 90% of your invoices are posted to A/Cing.

What you can do is just define one Billing Type as ZF2 / ZF1 from F2 / F1 and one proforma billing type ZF8 / ZF5

Now as your client must be knowing which invoices to be posted to A/Cing and which not

When they want to post Billing doc to A/Cing, use ZF2 billing type

And when they dont want to post to A/Cing, use proforma billing type as ZF5 - Order Related Billing or ZF8 -Del. Related Billing

Later on also, if you want to do some analysis based on billing, you can do the same by using these billing types

Hope you will get some idea

Sagar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What i Suggest is Create the Performa then the proforma invoce can be converted to actual invoice

Maintain a text / Assignement / referencwe field where you do not want to post to accounts

if you do not want to post to accounts then based on the Assignement/ reference field you can decide that which proforma donot require to create the Billing Document

Hope this will solve your problem

in VTFF you can maintain the copy control from proforma to actual Billing document

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raja,

What would be the best thing to do in case if it is only one invoice ?

Pl. advise.

Thanks

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can create porforma invoice(F5) for the invoice which you dont want to post in accounting, set up a copy control from delivery to invoice or order to invoice which ever is required.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

Can you explain me the setup of copy control process from Order/Delivery to Invoice pl, or even a reference link would be helpful for me to go through.

Thanks

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I currently dont have access to SAP system , so all I can tell you is ,check in spro -sd-billing -check there will be controls to set up copy control ,in that add new entries as per your requirement ,Ex: define source document as ZLF to ZF5 (porforma invoice) or ZOR to ZF5 and make the other relevant setting in creating invoices