cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between AS Java and Java Add-in

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

Can anybody explain me the exact difference between AS Java and Java Add-in? How can I identify a SAP ABAP system is installed with Java Add-in or AS java?

Regards

Dharmendra

0 Kudos

Application Server (AS) Java is a platform that allows the development and running of Java EE programs. And The add() method of Set in Java is used to add a specific element into a Set collection.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Java side of the SAP Web AS is often referred to as SAPWeb AS Java or

as the Java stack.Which is Single stack.

Generally While Installating Netweaver ,Only ABAP stack is installed in it .if we want to install Java along with abap stack then we go for Java Addin .

If we want to work with java objects we should add java add-in.

With an Java add-in installation, a Java instance is assigned to an ABAP instance.(java + abap)Which is known as Double stack.

Thanks

Ramakrishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Dharmendra,

AS Java is single stack and Java add-in is dual stack installation as said before. If usage is EP then you go for single stack and if usage is ECC/CRM etc then you go for dual stack installation.

hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>and if usage is ECC/CRM etc then you go for dual stack installation.

Wrong ! The official SAP advice is now to use dual stack only for the systems where it is not possible to do otherwise : PI and SOLMAN. Check the new ERP master guide.

Personnally I would advice strongly to avoid dual stack systems for ECC/CRM or BI.

We have a dual stack BI system (because at the time, SAP adviced it) but 2 years later we regret it a lot.

Dual stack system are a mess to manage, administrate and patch.

This is exactly what I call a "false good idea" !

Regards,

Olivier

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

AS Java is a standalone Java Engine, while a Java Add-in goes together with an ABAP system.

Regards

Juan

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos