cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure logs Visual Administrator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have a problem related to the size of log files in XI environment.

I access to transaction al11 in XI environment. Then, I access to the folder /usr/sap/XIP/xxx/j2ee/cluster/server0 and I see that there are a lot of jrfc*.trc files of 0,5 GB of size.

I would like to know where can I define those files and how to manage them in order to optimize space in servers.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Gemma

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your help.

The problem has been solved.

Gemma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please have a look, which errors are logged in the trace files. If possible, then fix the errors, this will reduce the amount of lines generated. It is possible that somebody activated a rfc trace, this can be done, where the rfc destination is specified. For example SM59, or visual admin -> server0 -> services -> destinations.

To configure the logging of the files in server0/log have a look at this thread:

Visual Administrator Tool -> Server -> KERNEL -> LogManager:

DefaultTraceFile_Count -> is the number of files

DefaultTraceFile_Limit -> is the size of the files in bytes

Be aware, that usually the log files are not overwritten. They are archived in ..log/archive. To turn this off you can do this here:

Visual Administrator Tool -> Server -> SERVICES-> Log Configurator -> Tab Properties

Regards, Michael

Edit: oh, too slow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you look at this

[configuration|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/704f6314-8f96-2a10-e999-a55dd8af9d58?overridelayout=true]

Regards,

Muralidhar

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos