cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Migration for Customer Master ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am involved in the migration of the customer master and so have to migrate text sitting on the customer master.

Can somebody please provide me some help on this?

As a start off point I have a SAP Sandbox system from where I can see what all text is being maintained at the customer master level which i should be bringing on to the Production system. What tables can I look into to see all the text maintained for the customer master.

Help will be really appreciated.

We intend to use the standad idoc for migration.

Thanks/Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Jason is correct that you will need the READ_TEXT function if you want to either spot check some texts (use SE37 and READ_TEXT to view a sample of customers) or if you want to extract the data.

However, if for example during an extract or during an upload you merely wanted to check whether a customer had texts, you can check on table STXH. Each customer text (of one or multiple lines) will have one header record in table STXH. STXH does not allow you to see the data as Jason pointed out, but it does show whether it exists or not.

An easy way when dealing with long texts to fnd out the object, id and name of any text is to go into the text record intself in the display transaction (eg, XD03 for customer master) and in the menu path click Goto>Header. That will give you the header information for the text and allow you to see what you need to code into your ABAP program or LSMW.

Ben

http://www.harlex-ltd.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do we get the answer on this questions? As I am also looking for the table maintence for thne customer master text tables means if we do maintain some text at Customer msater then where can we see that in the data base tables or can we also pull that text information in some kind of report.

I have checked KNVT, STXH,STXL but nothing seems working.

Please solve this mystery.

Regards,

jason_barton
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sandy,

As per other post on similar subject ...

[;

The key to both your requirements is to use function module READ_TEXT. It will effectively bridge the gap between the tables you are referencing. Tables alone will not get you there.

Handy function modules for text, look at function group STXD, and *TEXT. Good luck, and revert back if you need more.

Thanks,

Jay

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

You can check the table KNVT for customer texts

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

This will only show the text for the sales area and not all the text