Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initialization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We posted some transctions in R/3 and then we initialsed in BW.My question is

1.Can we have those transctions in my next delta.

2.Explain how this Initialization works.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vasu.

1) If you have initialised after the transaction in R/3 you could not have in susequent delta these data, you will have these data/transaction in the Init Package. You can have in delta only the changes to these data/transaction.

2) Initialization makes a snapshot of the data actually in the system and then determine the new and the changed records starting from that snapshot for the delta. It technically works in different ways if it is a standard extractor for FI-CO, or if it is a standard extractor for Logistic or if it is a Custom extractor.

Ciao.

Riccardo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi My question is like this some transctions have taken place at 10 am and I am initializing the delta at 11 am.can I have those Transctions when schedule delta pcakage.OR only those transctions will come which have taken place after 11 am.

Regards,

Vasu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vasu,

If you have transaction in R/3 before the Initialization you will have these data only in Init Package and not in Delta Package.

If you have transaction in R/3 after the Init you will have these data in Delta Package.

Ciao.

Riccardo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If my init pack is init without data transfer?

then what will be the scenerio.?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vasu

If your init is with out data transfer then all the transaction will be loaded in delta transfer.

Cheers

Shiva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vasu.

If you had an Init without data transfer you will upload in BW only the transaction posted after the Init, with the delta package.

Init without data transfer only produce a snapshot in R/3, to start the delta process, but only the subsequent data will be transferred to BW, the previous will be stored only in R/3.

If you want also previous data to be transferred in BW you have to re-init (starting from BW or R/3 depending by the type of extractor).

Ciao.

Riccardo.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Vasu,

then you will get these transactions in delta.

hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

AHP r u sure?

what I understood about INIt is once we say init a logical time stamp will created in source system which makes mark saying from this time stamp above all are delta.But my transction which I posted was earlier to this time.

Plz clarify and correct if I wrong.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think that in some datasources like FI-AR and FI-AP not only depends on time, it depends on the date, what I mean is that for these kind of datasources changes that are performed today would be ready to be uploaded by delta not before tomorrow.

regards,

Sebatián.-

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx to all.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vasu,

If it is a LO datasource, and if you have transactions posted at 10 a.m, you need to fill the setup tables after 10 a.m. Then if you run init in BW, you will have these records in BW.

Also if you run Init without data, you will have these records in subsequent delta.

yes, you r right that init will setup a marker beyond which all new records will be taken care in delta. But in case of Init without delta and with no selections specfied, the system will pull all the records in the subsequent delta.

Hope it helps..

thanks,

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Vasu,

can we know what datasource are you using ?

coz it can depend on datasource used, e.g for LO-cockpit bw init will take data from setup table filled.

for other datasource that not using fill setup table,

you may get these transactions along with the initialization.

hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vasu

As you know we don't have to do initialization every time this one time job and later on Delta functionality will bring what ever the changes/postings you have done in R/3 side when ever you scheduled Delta infopackage.

Hope this helps

Thnaks

Sat