cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PROBLEM WITH RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Let first describe the situation. I have a system DEV and a system PROD. I call a function module on DEV. This function module generates a program PROG_DEV and then submit it.

In this generated program PROG_DEV I do a RFC CALL FUNCTION to SYSTEM PROD. The function module generates a new program. In this new program PROG_PROD, I would like to use CALL FUNCTION 'YYY' DESTINATION 'BACK' but it does not work. I have return code 1 when debugging the program.

My objective is that the program PROG_PROD put data into DEV so that PROG_DEV can use it. Using rfc. The best should be to put data directly to DEV. Another solution could be to put data on the system PROD and then out of the generated program get it from db and put it into DEV db. But it is not very optimized...

I was thinking the program PROG_PROD do not get 'RFC' so when using back there is a problem...

Do you have any suggestions? Any clue?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Stephan,

your problem is that the CALL FUNCTION 'YYY' DESTINATION 'BACK' is within the generated report and therefore the system doesn't know where to go back to. In other words, the report runs as a normal PROD report and "BACK" has no sense since there's nowhere to go back to. This causes the return code.

If you altered things so that the report was called inside a function module that had used DESTINATION 'BACK' then it would be different.

I hope this helps.

Regards, Gerard.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should check this weblog out I think it answers your questions quite nicely!

<a href="/people/rajeev.n/blog/2004/08/13/transient-programs-in-abap">Transient Programs in ABAP</a>