Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Putaway with storage type 002, error

former_member220444
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

While doing putaway with addition to stock strategy, we are getting following error.

""Maximum quantity for storage bin TR-15 will be exceeded by 6.375 PC""

"" Message no. L3068""

Data maintained: Material Master : Capacity utilization

Bin Master : Capacity Utilization

Empty bins are available into Storage type with empty status.

My query is why system is not picking Next Empty bin, if first one is completed with defined capacity.

Regards,

Mainsh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

I would suggest you to read SAP Note no 392776 which deals with capacity check in warehouse management.

Regards,

Vijay Kumar

former_member220444
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Note provided is very helpful.

Thanks,

manish

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you please check that the capacity check"Check according to maximum weight" is activated in storage type?

Considering your putaway strategy is "I" & also addition to stock indicator is on. Also you mentioned maximim weight of bin in bin master as mentioned.

hope this helps.

Regards,

Prashant

former_member220444
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prasant,

thanks for reply, We can not define Bin maximum quanity in material master, due to our bin sizes are different in warehouse, and material can be placed into any of 5 types of bin with different quantities.

I mentioned in my thread the I am using bin capacity & material capacity utilization.

Please advice if you have any information for auto selection of next empty bin by SAP Standard method, where bins are having different sizes.

Regards,

Manish

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I do not think system support with different bin sizes with capacity check automatically. You may have to drive then manually.

If you have same size of bins in a storage type & you have maintained weight in bin master then with the putaway strategy as mentioned earlier & capacity check I believe system suggest new bin after capcity fulfillment.Please check.

Regards,

Prashant

former_member220444
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

Thanks for your quick reply. Please note following

a) Capacity check : Using Capacity utilization in Material Master & Bin Master, No concept for Weight.

b) Imagine, Warehouse has 98 rack, High Racks, Putaway starts from Bottom of Rack vertically to Top, Once First rack is completly filled, putaway goes to next Rack empty bin . One important thing to note is while going in upward direction for rack filling, five different type of bins come across. Same five type of bins (Five bins with individual capacity , not matching to each other) coming in the next row & so on.

So in our case One storage type is having 5 type of bins , not all same size. Capacity check as mentioned , not on weight , its on numbers. Using Putaway strategy 002, addition to existing stock, one addition to exiting is over, next empty stragety automatically takes place.

I don't believe that SAP Standard system doesn't have such kind of facility, reason being this is standard Business Practice in most of industries.

Could you further advice something in more details .

If you are unable to understand High rack design, I can forward you excel sheet foryour convenience on your id.

Regards

Manish