cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apart from using RSTXSCRP is there any other way of exporting a Sapscript?.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We've been using RSTXSCRP to export Sapscripts in Russian from a noon-unicode SAP system. However, the text file seems to have hashes (#) where the Russian text should be. I've tried this program when logged in both English and Russian, but the result is the same, and hence the question.

Regards

Gary

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

there is another way. Goto TA Smartforms, pick your desired form and hit F7.

When in form then goto Menu->Utilities->download form.

downloading it to a local file.

then log on in desired system.

create a new empty form of desired name and go in edit mode.

Then again Menu->utilities->upload.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This a Sapscript that I'm talking about, not a Smartform. Smartforms allow me to output/input in XML format, but I don't think such an option exists for Sapascripts. Or have I misunderstood what you were saying?.

Also, while I'm on the subject, the RSTXSCRP program allows the user to EXPORT Sapscripts in both text and Binary mode, having just read the documentation it might be that the binary mode is probably what we should have used for the Russian text export.

I believe that my colleague used the text mode previously, so I shall try the binary mode a little later and will update with the results.

Regards

Gary

Former Member
0 Kudos

oh my goddess, yeah you are right, the one who can read wins.

former_member585060
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check out the below link, regarding same issue

http://www.sapfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=329970&p=1001599

Regards

Bala Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Strangely enough that link was one that I created and answered. However, despite thinking at the time that was the solution when checking I found that the already had the Russian code page setup and the Cyrilic font was already installed in the SAPLPD.

So, I guess I'm back to square one.

I'm going back to the clients today so will retry the export of the Sapscript in Russian as I did not actually carry this out last time, it was performed by a collegue.

Regards

Gary King (Dr Sidewalk)