Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sales employee

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Sales employee has been maintained in customer master. But some sales orders miss sales employee. I tried creating sales orders & found sales employee can be showed in orders. Due to production system, I did not save orders.

I infer that sales employee disappears after saving orders. You know, there're 200 orders per day. Around 40 orders miss sales employee one day. Suppose customer have no time to delete it when creating orders.

Is it caused by the system problem? How to solve it? Pls help. Many thx.

Edited by: Cathy on Jul 3, 2009 8:33 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sales orders pick sales employee maintained in customer master thru partner determination techniques and rules.

Check partner determination config in sales order header/item, whereever u need to check for sales employee.

Check order assignment & procedure/function assignment/also try making sales employee PE mandatory in partner determination and check the results.

Lastly check that the sales employee is also maintained as an employee in HR master where in conversion for the same is defined under partner function conversion.

Regards,

Amit

cathy_liang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi the experts,

sales area of sales employee is the same as that of sales orders. This issue just happens those days. In other words, same customer, no problem exists in the past.

If making sales employee as mandatory entry, I got two concerns:

1: What the field name for sales employee? U know, it seems the field name is the same for partner function, sold to party, etc.

2: If sales employee really disappears after saving orders, I'm afraid incompletion log can help. For example, the system keep "deleting" sales employee when saving orders. Then, customer keep entering sales employee as to save orders.

Pls help further.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Field name for Sales employee is PE which corresponds to AF in partner determination..not same as sold to party or ship to party..a seperate partner function altogether.

Yes, sales employee absence in order can be added in incomplete log procedure thru OVA2.

Regards,

Amit

Edited by: Amit Iyer on Jul 3, 2009 1:01 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Cathy

What u can do is just use the user exit MV45AFZZ and at the time of saving sales order just chek the PE ( sales employee ) in partner function of the sales order in VBPA and if u don't fine it then just through message " Sales Employee is missing Order can not be saved."

But before that u take help of ABAPer and find out if sales employee is there in the order and after saving Y it is not storing in the related tables.

And u can put that in incompletion log too as said by earlier expert but as u said Sales employee is present at the time of saving order so it will not help you that is what I belive.

Thx.

Thx....

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

it may be that the different order type you are using and the partner determination procedure is different in different order Type

if the partner type is not same in the customer master then it will not be saved in the sales order

other option is of user exit MV45afzz and the time of save_document_prepare so that if there is an error there will be a chance to correct it

also if there is HR is implemented then in PA30 t code for the sales employee you need to check for the 900 infotype which will be having information of the sales office

so is this maintained properly

hope this will resolve the problem

thanks

virandra sharda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Don't use user exit if it can be done via config, silly to do so.

This is possible either via incompletion procedure or by making the partner mandatory.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to make it mandory in Partner Dtermination for Sale Document header or Item level,

if you can do it for billing doc also & shipping or delivery doc also,

& Please check it is mark as a personal number in Partner function ,

after all this setting activate tables for Sales Employee without HR in Basic Function,

Regards,

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

It can happen because of several reasons. Start from basics check if your sales area of customer is same as problematic order's.

Or may be it is because of some user exit code . I recommend you to ask your developer for debugging. In the meantime, put sales employee in incompletion log of your sales order.