cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

whether DEV and PRD can have different OS or DB?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now there are two SAP ECC6 system in my company. DEV & PRD

Both of them are runing in AIX 5.3 and Oracle DB.

I want to know whether I can install a new SAP system which will be running in Windows platform and SQL2005 DB.

as far as I know, it seems can be done.

Any guys can give me some imformation about it.

If can do. whether there is some Notes I can find.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wei,

1> Yes you can have your DEV and PRD on different OS and DB. You need to make a note of the directory structure difference between UNIX and Windows.Other than that you should be done from perspective of SAP.

2> For Disaster Recovery its a different scenario though. You need to understand what method you will use for Log replication.

Since if you are using oracle Data Guard for replication you need Oracle at both primary and standby site.

But if you are using a SQL tool for log replication/apply you can have different DB at both sites.

regards,

Pravash Raikar

Ayax
Participant
0 Kudos

You can do it, just keep in mind the differences between both OS systems with respect to directories structures ('/' and '\') and the automatic test import (http://www.saptechies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3778&view=next&sid=bd9b3fcc98e783c688c47b786d5825fe)

Regards,

AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What exactly you want to do? i am sorry if i am wrong but i am unable to understand u r requirement.

as per your subject line of thread Whether DEV and PRD can have different OS or DB?

Nope....no way u cant use different DB's in the landscape..because it will create data inconsistencies....

-Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi wei huang,

I want to know whether I can install a new SAP system which will be running in Windows platform and SQL2005 DB. ?

yes you can install as per your requirement

Regards

Bandla

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks BANDLA.KONDALU,

whether there are some steps that I need to consider during deployment process?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wei,

That is possible. Please go through the hetrogeneous system copy guides at []

Hope this helps.

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Now there are two SAP ECC6 system in my company. DEV & PRD

Both of them are runing in AIX 5.3 and Oracle DB.

I want to know whether I can install a new SAP system which will be running in Windows platform and SQL2005 DB.

Do you want to add that new sytem to your landscape or just for test purpose you want to install with Windows platform and SQL2005 DB

Regards

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I want to test at first.

Since PRD server is runing in a standalone server.

I would like to do some disaster recovery test.

Since I can't find another IBM Pserial Server to test, If I can let DEV run in Windows platform, and I can use current DEV server to build a HA environment for PRD.

above is only a thinking. so I have to confirm whether it can be come true.

Any suggestion, Pls. cast them to me.

thanks