Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted User recreation - Connected Profile Parameter

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I try to create a user which was deleted I get a pop-up message "old sapoffice data found for this user name. do you want to copy this data to the new user? "

1. I get this message only in some systems but not in all systems. What controls this pop-up message ? Is there a profile parameter or a system setting which controls this?

2. In CUA setup, would this message pop-up ?

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you try to create a user which existed in the system in past and was deleted, then SAP automatically prompts you to check if you want to copy the old settings for that user. User history is stored in USH* tables.

So you will not have this message everywhere in your landscape, only if that user id existed in the system in past.

Cheers !!

Zaheer

Bernhard_SAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

regarding Q2: yes, when the user is created with SU01. No, if the user is loaded by SCUG.

b.rgds, Bernhard

0 Kudos

Hi ...

Thanks for your response.

What is the profile parameter which controls this popup, when a deleted user is recreated?

Regards

Manoj Kunta

0 Kudos

Hi, There is no profile parameter which controls this. Have a look in table SOUD, that contains history of userID's (look under Office User field).

There is also a bit of context in note: 140053

0 Kudos

Hi Bernhard & Alex Ayers,

The information which you provided was helpful. Thank You.

Bernhard,... you mentioned that in CUA, there is no pop up ( for deleted user's address info existed). Is this just out of experience or is there a Note or a Doc from SAP which states this.

Regards

MK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Also if you select the option yes, it will not copy the address details such as Last Name/First name etc..

also it will not restore the logon data details or role/Profile.

Regards,

Sandip.