cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In PI 7.1 better performance is reached using RFC or Proxy?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

As with PI 7.1 which one would be better option to have better performance?

1)Proxy which goes through the Integration Engine by omiting Advance adaptor Engine

2)RFC which goes through the AAE by omiting Integration Engine

As we know there are alot of advantages of Proxies over RFC:

1. Proxy communication always by passes the Adapter Engine and will directly interact with the application system and Integration engine. So it will give us better performance.

2. Proxies communicate with the XI server by means of native SOAP calls over HTTP.

3. Easy to handle messages with ABAP programming if it is ABAP Proxy .

4. Proxy is good for large volumes of data. we can catch and persist the errors ( both system & application fault ) which was generated by Proxy setting.

Thanks in Advance

Rajeev

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

More than the performance,its a question of requirement.

There are several restrictions which you need to consider before using AAE.To name a few

IDOC,HHTP adapter wont be available

No support for ABAP mapping

No support for BPM

No support for proxy

No support for Multimapping,content based routing ( in first release)

So if you want to use any of the above you cant use AAE in first place.but performance is significantly improved,upto 4 times better that simple AE-IE

/people/william.li/blog/2008/01/10/advanced-adapter-engine-configuration-in-pi-71

check the above blog and the article mentioned in it.

Now coming to proxy,it supports all the above and performance is not that bad either.

so it all boils down to what your requirements are:)

Thanks

Aamir

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajeev,

This is very wide open discussion. One will say proxy and the other will say RFC.

If I were you, I would see if there is any standard RFC for your requirement or slight changes to the standard ones. If yes then I will go with this route.

Else if everything is from scratch then I will go with proxy.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Satish,

1)Proxy which goes through the Integration Engine by omiting Advance adaptor Engine

2)But from PI 7.1 RFC Adaptor is on AAE and omit Integration Engine which improves performance

Performance wise which one is better option?

Thanks in Advance

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would go with Proxy.

Cheers,

---Satish