cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

java.rmi.RemoteException

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I get the following exception when I execute my Web Servcie model.

Error: java.rmi.RemoteException: Neither target role nor property '$0023ChoiceField' defined in model class 'TrustOverrideField' for the field name '#ChoiceField'; nested exception is: com.sap.tc.webdynpro.model.webservice.exception.WSModelRuntimeException: Neither target role nor property '$0023ChoiceField' defined in model class 'TrustOverrideField' for the field name '#ChoiceField'

Now here's the thing, I know in Web Dynpro we are not allowed to use model node names with # and $. However, when I do Edit Model Binding, it creates some nodes with these special characters in them. Namely:

Record$0023Choice1

Field$0023Choice1

TrustOverrideField$0023Choice1

Might someone be able to help with light of this why I might be getting the above exception?

Regards

M.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is this "ChoiceField" newly added in the WebService after import?

Regards,

Charan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marshall,

While using web services usually for attributes that are defined in webservices will be preceded with $ symbol while you create a model in webdynpro. Even in our case also we have attributes which have $ symbol before to it and we are able to execute the webservices. I believe possibly the WSDL strucuture could have been changed after you imported. Check whether the WSDl strucuture is same and check whether it includes the attributes on which you are getting exception into it.

Regards,

Ponraj M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for the replies.

It is possible that someone might have added something to the web service and not communicated it to me.

However, when I try to reimport the web service model, the Reimport Model option is greyed out and I can't select it!

Do I have to delete the entire model and re-import? The web service model was generated with a WSDL URL.

Thanks

M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well,

I deleted the entire model and re-imported from scratch.

However, I still get the same exception

What can I do now?

M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please test the webservice from any client like WebSercieNavigator or XML Spy..etc..

If it is working fine there..then the only resolution as per my knowledge is:

Restart the J2EE Server.

Becuase the cache maintains at different leves. So for newly created attributes at backend there is allways possibility for issues.

Regards,

Charan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Charan,

Thanks for all the tips.

I tested the web service in SOAP UI 3.0, and it executes fine.

I restarted the J2EE engine, and redeployed.. However, I still get the same rmi.RemoteException. The thing is, the model context is created by 'Edit Model Binding', and I have selected ALL the Request and Response nodes generated by the Web Dynpro wizard for the particular function i'm invoking. The error exception message states:

Neither target role nor property '$0023ChoiceField' defined in model class 'TrustOverrideField' for the field name '#ChoiceField';

Under the model node TrustOverrideField I only have these two nodes created by the WDP generator:

TrustOverrideField (0..n)
     TrustOverride (1..1)
     TrustOverrideField$0023Choice1 (0..1)

But I think according to the error, its expecting a node called $0023ChoiceField, for a field called #ChoiceField?

Any suggestions please?

M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

( Using NWDS 7.0.18. )

I really need help with this one.

Does anyone know of any known compatibility issues with any particular types of web services and web dynpro.??

I am stumped as to why this isn't working, I've tried everything!! Deleting the model, reimporting the web service, renaming several fields, bouncing the J2EE, nothing works and still get the same exception!

Anyone out there know anything about this?? Please help!!!!!!

M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Ok, I had the WSDL logger running, and when executing the WSDL from web dynpro, the wsdl logger (non-sap) shows me that the wsdl is being executed successfully. This means only the Web Dynpro runtime is complaining. I spoke with the guy that actually created (generated) the web service, and he is adament that no structure like TrustOverrideField is returned with this particular web service function call.

I am thinking the only option I am left with now is to create a wrapper web service (perhaps a deployable proxy service) that will invoke this web service and parse the data I need?

Any suggestions?

M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yet another twist!

I executed the web serivce from the Enterprise Portal perspective in NWDS. I used the Web Service Checker tool, and the web service works fine. At this point I have completely no idea at all why the Adaptive Web Service model java generator is looking for those fields and why they are being generated?

M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marshall,

Since you are receiving exception mainly on the model nodes you have created, cant you execute the WS without creating any model nodes. Rather execute the WS and get the results back in a temporary variable and then iterate and get the results.

Regards,

Ponraj M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If possible can you please post the context structure you binded from Model to Component Controller?

Regards,

Charan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ponraj,

How do you execute a web service in web dynpro without the model?

M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Charan,

I sent some jpg's to your email id.

Thanks for taking a look

M.