cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

blank columns in SXMSPEMAS table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to know if there is anything I need to activate in order to populate the fields OB_OPERATION and IB_OPERATION (data element SXI_OPERATION) in the table SXMSPEMAS. When I view this table, both of these two columns are always blank. My hope is that these will map to the Operation Mapping used in the Enterprise Services Builder, and help me get more information about the interface of each message in this table.

Thanks,

Valerie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Val,

I have exactly the same problem. We've started to use multiple operations in one Sender Interface, but now this feature complicates the message monitoring (SXI_MONITOR) .. since the table column OB_OPERATION is not filled automatically => all messages of one sender interface come to one mound.

Moreover .. IMHO the selection screen of transaction SXI_MONITOR should be extended with OB_OPERATION field, so one could exactly specify the messages of desired data exchange to be monitored.

Any information from SAP ?

Rgds

Tomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

For all who have experienced the same limitation, I provide the answer of our SAP support ticket:

Dear Customer,

Thanks for providing this feedback.

Although operation can be moduled in the ESR it is not an entity that

is used in the PI runtime. PI Runtime only 'knows' interfaces. Thereforethe operation is not shown in monitor for PI messages. This field is

presently only used for messages that are processed in the WS Runtime.

We already know about this limitation, that no operation name is

displayed in the monitoring for messages in case the XI protocol is

used. The operation name is only displayed when using the WS protocol.

Because of some technical limitations we unfortunately cannot offer a

short-term solution. Original XI interfaces consist of only one

operation so that the display of the interface name was sufficient.

The operation name was introduced as a new column in the message monitorfor supporting messages for interfaces with multiple operations

processed via WS-Adapter only.

We will work on a solution in the following releases, but no detail

information is available now.

Sorry for not providing a positive answer on this.