cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HowCalling or Navigating to specific view ?--Help please

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends

I am developing a webdynpro application.It has two components say FirstApp and SecondApp. They use FirstComp and SecondComp respectively.

FirstComp has views View1, View2,View3,View4 and it has navigations defined in the flow View1 to View2, View2 to View3, View3 to View4.

SecondComp has views View16, View7,View8,View9 and it has navigations defined in the flow View6 to View7, View7 to View8, View8 to View9.

I am trying to call View3 of FirstAPP from View 7 of SendApp.

I have followed the guidelines specified in tutorial Inter-Application-Navigation in Web Dynpro.pdf .

I could not navigate to View3 but View1 is displaying. Could any one have solutions.help and huggestions appreciated.I will award points completely for right solution.

Thank you in advance

Maruti

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maruti,

For inter-component navigation Interface Views are used. Interface Views have 1..1 relation with windows. So, when you trying to navigate from View7 to View3, you are calling plug in interface view. So, you will get default view of window which is associated with interface view (view1). Solution is - create another window where View3 is default and use for navigation interface view which is assosiated with new window.

Best regards, Maksim Rashchynski.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Maksim Rashchynski

Thank you for your reply. I tried it by creating View inside a seperate Window but its still navigating to the View1 instead of View3. I just wonder do I need to create seperate Component..?.

Thank you

Maruti

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maruti,

Did you change navigation link between view and interface view from initial one to new created?

Best regards, Maksim Rashchynski.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maksim Rashchynski

Thank you again.I have changed the navigation link .But it I am getting the same old View1.

Regards

Maruti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maksim Rashchynski

when I creat a new component and insert the views its working. But I am missing the navigational flow. Because the application is opening with the default view as the main view (we can set the property o as defalut= true/false). So my intention is to call a view of my choice. So I wonder is there any way I can dynamically change the defalut view of an application through another application .

Thank you so much for you halp and it gave me many ideas to think of and so I am trying different approaches.

Regards

Maruti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maruti,

As for you first question:

As Maxim said, you should create a new window.

In the new window the default view should be view3.

You should also create <b>a new application</b> and it's interface view should be the interface view of your new window.

About changing the default view dynamically:

I don't know of such an option.

Why not defining different applications for each option?

Best regards, Adi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Adi

Thank you.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

BeGanz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hallo,

I developed a sample application and wrote a corresponding article which exactly deals with this issue: <a href="https://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/developerareas/webdynpro?rid=/library/uuid/751d003a-0b01-0010-8996-afbaa3fd5339">cross-component Navigation, Explained - How to Navigate Inside Web Dynpro Component Interface Views</a>

Regards, Bertram