cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoice with out PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am trying to design a process in which there is no PO,and trying to post an EDI invoice , we should check the price against a third party (host) system before posting. This third party maintains the catalog/database and market price.

Is this possible in standard SRM or in ECC 6.0

I have an idea of building complete database or PIR in ECC 6.0 similar to host system, and update prices, may be daily once but this is not a real time and not cost effective. This would be my last option.

Am I asking for more ?

Regards

Satheesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This scenario should be possible in ECC. Posting an Invoice without a PO is possible in ECC.

I assume that you will map the incoming Invoice data to the standard SAP IDOCs. At the time of creating the Invoice, you can use RFC Function modules / LDAP/BAPI to query the 3rd party system for the Price data & perform the validations.

Cheers,

Akash

former_member206968
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you have XI in your landsape. There is a Business Process modelling tool in SAP PI (XI) to design third party integration scenario. Using this solution, you can integrate a third party system in real time to do a validation. Check with your PI expert and see if any solution is possible.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes , we have XI. Not sure of what you are speaking on Process integration.

Can you give me a clue.

Regards

Satheesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satheesh

Here are your options:

1. EDI Invoices can be posted in ECC6.0 as ECC Support this out of box with minimal configuration/Dev

2. You can post non PO Invoices in SRM as well but for that you will need XI. This is a complex development as you will have to enable the SRM system to process the XML invoices.

Regards

Virender Singh