cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backups for Dual Stack systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

we have several systems as JAVA+ABAP. We take regular backups using MSSQL server and exports for Java. Taking SQL backups is via a tool and totally automated, for JAva, we need to take a export manually. this is painful and need additional resourcing. is there a way to automate the Java export.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

we can say the answer is the previous comment. what we can do is to stop just before the final start button and then make a copy of the install folder.

we then need to run the silent installtion of sapinst and ask it to use the above install folder.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We also take java export weekly but only by manual method. If you come to know about automated method please share with us.

Thanks

Sushil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont think thr is any method to automate the java export. For confirmation you can check with SAP by raising a message.

Thanks

Sushil

Former Member
0 Kudos

i thought so but it is strange... whereas SAP is working towards automating everything... why would they leave such a gap... i understand that Java static contents do not get updated as frequently as ABAP and data resides in the DB which we back up..... but still there should be a single click or schedulable option to export the static content. i will raise a concern...

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you can indentify which are the files /binaries SAPinst takes a backup of during java export, you can perhaps write a script to automate that. Just give it a try from sapinst logs...

It is surely something good to have a research in...

Have a look at

Best of Luck.

Thanks and Regards

Anindya

Edited by: Anindya Bose on Jul 3, 2009 3:57 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

My concern is that when we do a complete recovery or a system copy, we need the Java export to be able to perform a complete recovery. this may not be possible with the file system backups of the java folders. once the system has been buit, we can restore the file system backups to come to a point in time but we need the java export nevertheless to be able to build a system from scratch. i was lookign for a way to automate the java export, it would be a great way to have a consistant backup. i will definitly raise it with SAP.